View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 01:02 PM

Default Re: NL noob trying to iron out basic betting stategy

[ QUOTE ]

1. What is the standard pre-flop raise with the big pp's? 4x Big Blind? How much extra per additionl limper? What about JJ, 10 10, AK, AK &AQs? I have, thus far, been adding an additional Big Blind per limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard is 4xBB plus 1BB per limper. Some tables you can make it 5bb and others need to be 3bb to get a caller. I raise (and usually reraise in position) the hands you listed. I play 6-max.

[ QUOTE ]
2. What is the standard flop c-bet amount against 1 or 2 opponents? In and out of position? I realize this depends on a lot of factors so, for the sake of brevity, assume dry board/typical opponents. So far, I have been betting 3/4 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard is anywhere between 1/2 and full pot. My c-bets are usually either 3/4 or full pot. Again, table conditions, yada yada.

[ QUOTE ]
3. How about standard c-bet amounts for the turn and river? In and out of position with no significant scare cards? I have been betting 3/4 to full pot- checking behind UI on river when in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds fine. Though, with the vast majority of players at these levels being passive calling stations, you really shouldn't ALWAYS fire a second barrel unimproved.

[ QUOTE ]
4. When we have a hand such as QJ suited or 99, coupled with good position, are we putting in a small value raise after multiple limpers? Or is it better to just see the flop cheaply so as to not tempt a pre-flop limp re-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

In position I'm always raising 88+. I probably limp QJs on the button 75% and raise it 25%. Again, table conditions, yada yada.