View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 12:54 PM

Default NL noob trying to iron out basic betting stategy

Hey SSNL gang,

I hope that I will not bring down the otherwise excellent discussion down too much with these general questions. I am another disguntled limit player making the transition. I have been experimenting with NL50 and NL100 (two tables max-full ring) with reasonable success.

In an attempt to convert my limit TAG/LAGTAG strategy, I was hoping for some general guidelines to make the appropriate tweakage. For the sake of simplicity, suspend dis-belief [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] and assume that I am familiar with board texture, number of opponents etc...

1. What is the standard pre-flop raise with the big pp's? 4x Big Blind? How much extra per additionl limper? What about JJ, 10 10, AK, AK &AQs? I have, thus far, been adding an additional Big Blind per limper.

2. What is the standard flop c-bet amount aginst 1 or 2 opponents? In and out of position? I realize this depends on a lot of factors so, for the sake of brevity, assume dry board/typical opponents. So far, I have been betting 3/4 pot.

3. How about standard c-bet amounts for the turn and river? In and out of position with no significant scare cards? I have been betting 3/4 to full pot- checking behind UI on river when in position.

4. When we have a hand such as QJ suited or 99, coupled with good position, are we putting in a small value raise after multiple limpers? Or is it better to just see the flop cheaply so as to not tempt a pre-flop limp re-raise?

TIA