View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: How to Meditate.

Hey adsman thanks for the thread, a few questions. I've tried meditating two ways, one where I just focus on my breathing, and then also qigong. I think it's called 'microcosmic' qigong, breathing in focus on a spot on lower back, and breathing out focus on 'dantian' spot near stomach and feel energy flow up and down legs to and from those points. I can feel it in my stomach and moving in my legs but not my lower back, thoughts? Also what is the energy, bio electricity I read somewhere has any research been done on how this stuff works? Does it really matter which meditation I do? they both seem like the same thing on relaxing the mind.

What are your experiences with meditation? A lot of the time when I meditate I just get tired/sleepy/bored a friend said that she and her mom can't meditate before bed because they'll have too much energy and can't sleep how do I get to that point? Can you go a full 20 minutes without thoughts arising? How much has meditation affected your calmness and daily attitude in life?