View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 PM

Default Re: another thought on taxes for micros with other main income

I've got a notebook. I draw two lines vertically seperating each page into 3 columns. I write down the date, what game and limit I'm playing and what I buy in with. (if i multi table i only write the date and limit once but a seperate entry for each buyin.) When I finish playing I write down what I cashed out for, subtract the difference and write down a - or + number for win or loss. I total all wins and losses at the end of the day for session total. I fill up the first column like this and then the 2nd and then the 3rd. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I keep a running total at the top of the page, + numbers on the left, - numbers on the right, net for the year in the middle. When I fill up a page I total all the + sessions and add on the left, all the - sessions on the right, add in rb and bonus to get the new net and transfer to the next page.

I'm sure it would be just as easy to do it in an excel spreadsheet but it's really not that big of a hassle and from what I've read the IRS likes handwritten logs because they're not as easily manipulated dishonestly.