View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: $114 hand vs. Ryanghall

[ QUOTE ]
I had QQ.

I should have perhaps reraised preflop, but it's close. Once eagles pushed, I put him on KK/AA so I folded.

I'm quite surprised he pushed JJ, as I think it's an easy fold.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]
Well let me explain the reasoning behind my play once you cold call that raise I figure that you're range would be larger becauase it seemed clear to me and I assumed to you that UTG was pushing a very large range. I'm sure that you have seen short stacks in early levels consistently make pushes with bad and marginal hands then you cold called. Now I figured given you're read you are calling there with something along the lines of 99+ AQ+. However more importantly I knew it would be very difficult for you to call my shove with QQ and AK. Which made it in my mind a much better shove because you probably need KK+ to call. Now given how I played it I still think you're fold was correct because my range here at the absolute most is JJ+ which means you are behind my range. More importantly in terms of you're play you should not have reraised think about it all reraising does is let opponents play perfectly against you obviously aa and kk are calling and you are not letting you're selves get action from worse hands. Think about if another play at the table has JJ you definetely are getting action from them and could possibly bust them if an unknown shoves are you calling? This scenario is pretty much the only one where reraising is correct.