View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Adanthar\'s Robotic 10+1 Strategy Guide v. 1 (early beta)

Nice work Adanthar, only thing is that when it comes to the bubble formulas and what not, if someone is smart enough to figure this out / remember it all during real time, they surely have the brains to very quickly kill the 11s without an idiot proof system. Nice work though IMO. Two quick points:

1) Regarding bubble play, you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
-Add 4 points if someone has already raised or went all in

[/ QUOTE ]

My intuition tells me that this needs to be weighted more heavily in your point system. One of the easiest ways to get ITM (esp. in the lower levels) during bubble time is to avoid those opponents who have already shown aggression. Only adding 4 points seems like it will get the user of this system involved in too many bubble confrontations.

2) Regarding open pushing with AA early. I did it only once in over 1500 games on the 11s and was called by KJs. So I really don't think it's bad. But so many bad players like to mini-raise after several limpers that if I get aces early (on an 11) I will often limp, re-raise. It's pretty easy to tell when I will be able to do this, since often there is "that guy" who will constantly raise on level 1 (thinks he's Gus Hansen or something). Would it overcomplicate it to write that if over 2/3 of the pots on level 1 have been raised, you should attempt a limp, re-raise all-in with aces on level 1? Don't want to overcomplicate your system, but when you see this pattern (which happens a LOT on the 11s) you can often double or triple up with aces. Very few players down there understand the strength of your hand (or are too stubborn to fold after your re-raise) that this is incredibly profitable.