View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Re: foxwoods new room

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a good example of these "phil ivey wanna-be" types from today - from my lame poker blog..

Saturday, April 15, 2006

another day at da woods - fun w/ AA

Just got back from another day at Foxwoods - had alotta fun and am $350 richer.

Here's one interesting hand that came up:

New guy sits down with $100 - he wins a few bucks on his first hand, raised preflop after some limpers, no callers.

Next hand - there's some limpers, guy raises to $10, it gets to me on the button and I look down at AA and raise to $20 to narrow the action. Guy calls and it's heads up, about $40 in the pot.

Flop is uneventful. J high and some rags, but 2 cards were suited. Guy bets out $25.

I double his bet to $50, hoping to reel him in, and he immediately goes all in.

Action is only something like $35 more to me, and there is over $140 in the pot. I call of course.

Turn comes, then the river. I wanted to see what he had so I waited for him to turn over his hand. I was pretty surprised when he tabled AK! I scooped the pot and he got up and left. Thanks guy!

AK is a good hand, but when you are aggressive with it before the flop and after the flop, don't hit anything, and get re-reraised BOTH times, you can be pretty sure that it's no good anymore (or in this case, it was never good).

And - if someone raises your $25 bet to $50, there is absolutely no reason to re-raise all in for $35 more on a bluff...its just bad poker. Your raise isn't big enough to get anyone out, unless they were bluffing in the first place. And they might call you anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. There sure are a lot of donkeys in these games.