View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Re: 3 standard floats?

Fold preflop you bastard!........Just kidding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I couldnt resist after your opening statment. Heres my take on these hands.

Hand 1) Everything looks good to me but the river. The CO could easily have Ace-high here, are you sure a bet wont make him fold this hand?? I really want to bet this river assuming the villain will fold Ace-high. If this is not the case, then yes I like giving up on the river.

Hand 2) Flop cap is standard, but I dont like your turn bet. I think the flop action has defined your hand well. You are clearly trailing IMO, and a turn bet has no folding equity. (I said check the turn but now im editing this) With up to 17 outs I think you can justify this turn as a value bet, so even though you dont have the best hand and no folding equity, betting the turn is still probably the best play in this scenario, but I still think checking is a fine play too in this spot. On the river, its time to give up, you missed and you have 3 opponents on the river. Youre never gonna get a better hand to fold IMO so I would check.

Hand 3) On the flop you have bottom pair, your getting 9-1 To call, with two people to remain behind you who may or may not wake up with a hand. I would fold. I believe folding is +EV vs calling here getting only 9-1 with no backdoor draws not closing the action.

About the turn, This is a debatable bet at best, but I believe you only have to have the best hand here a very small percentage of the time to justify this bet, plus your bet should get the PFR to fold some hands that beat you like JJ,TT,99,88 so I like this bet.

On the river I would call. It looks like the SB is gonna fold, and the BB cant have a King or he wouldve probably spoke up on the turn, him value betting Qx on the river is also awkward considering how passive he played all other streets, and he cried for a duece on the river which I interpreted to mean he was drawing, so this will be a hopeless bluff oten enough to justify a river call imo.