View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Good flops ..... tough decisions - 3hands NL

Preface: You need to bet more on the flop overall. Flop bets should be full pot close to all the time.

Hand 1: Preflop is marginal. A fold cannot be wrong. A call can very easily be wrong. I'm folding without a read. On the flop, I fold quickly. Your'e SA/WB, and you're OOP. If the opponent shows you a read of being aggro on the BN with drawing hands, then I start to like a stop & go on a safe turn. Problem with that is there are a lot of turns that aren't safe, which means you're calling a lot to fold a lot. For now, I fold.

Hand 2: Becasue you have position on the PFR, calling PF is OK. On the flop, you are once again holding a marginal hand out-of-position on a very scary board. Betting is OK (but bet more), but once it comes back around, turbofold.

Hand 3: Preflop: DO NOT OPENLIMP! Especially UTG. You have a good limping hand, but not OOP. If you openlimp, you are encouraging a family pot where you won't have position. You're not going to flop a made hand (most of the time anyway [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) so this will be hard to play +EV. Fold preflop. Maybe raise. Usually fold.

Post flop. You're slowplaying, but you don't have that much pot equity! If you check the flop, it must be with the intentioon of check-raising all-in. But I'm not check-raising normally. Normally, I'll bet/3bet AI. As played, I can't even consider folding the turn.