View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Good flops ..... tough decisions - 3hands NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - I'm folding preflop. I don't want to play OOP against a preflop raiser with AJ. Too many marginal spots there. Are you really comfortable on any flop? On the flop, I'm folding to that raise too.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it was sooted! Seriously, I actually thought I should have reraised preflop. What is your calling/raising range in this situation?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a standard 4X BB raise and I'm in the BB, I'm more inclined to call with a hand like 6-7 suited than I am with A-J suited. The likelihood of you being dominated is just too great.

It is read dependent but against an average player with 100BB stacks, I'm calling that raise with any PP, AQs, AK. I reraise with QQ-AA. And I reraise about half the time with JJ or AKs (calling the other half). Any of the regulars like this range?

If I am playing against a looser donkey, I'm expanding, but not for worse broadway hands. I can't stress enough how much you don't want to play commonly dominated hands OOP. It is suicide in this game. Against a looser guy, I may call a raise with lower suited connectors or even suited one gappers like 10-8 suited. However, doing that requires you push when you hit the flop hard and dump it if you only slightly hit it. (example, if you call with 10-9 suited and the flop is 10-5-3, you're folding to any villian pressure) I hope that helps, but it really is just my opinion.