View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Has Party changed it\'s disconnect policy?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the all-in DP, but I think they really really really need to replace it with a timebank. Pretty much all home internet connections have issues at some time or another. Even if your home->isp connection has 100% uptime (very unlikely, even on a business line), packets can and will go missing at other points along your route to the server.

I had a problem a few weeks ago where I would disconnect once every day or so for about 40-50 seconds. This isn't very long, but one time it happened at the worst possible moment. It was annoying because I'd manage to get back on (the poker software I was using would take its time reconnecting after the line went back up too) during the start of the next hand.

The higher stakes you go, the more important it is. I can't imagine the anguish of playing 50/100 heads up and disconnecting during a large pot. HU it's pretty obvious that they should just wait as long as it takes (say 5 minutes max? 10?), as there aren't going to be any other hands played anyway. Larger tables need a timebank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with party needing a time bank. I think say an additional 90 second time bank for hose quick disconnects or to make better decisions would be GREAT, just like pokerstars does for tournaments.