View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Another intellectually stimulating AC thread

I'm going to quote the relevant passages from posts between Rduke55 and Borodog in a SMP thread about evolution.

Rduke55:
[ QUOTE ]
I believe we are having a civil conversation. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog:
[ QUOTE ]
That's because you haven't flipped out and insulted me yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rduke55:
[ QUOTE ]
Probably because you haven't been stumping on the morality of cop-killing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog:
[ QUOTE ]
And for the record, it's only moral to kill the cops that deserve it. Like those who violently aggress against innocent individuals. As I have always made clear. You seem to be the one who cannot differentiate between a cop who gets a little old lady's kitten down from a tree and one who breaks down her door and shoots her because he believed she was trafficking in plants. The first one deserves a thank you and a cookie, the latter deserves to be shot. There, you can flip out and insult me now, and the cycle will be complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rduke55:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm ignoring your second paragraph as this is SMP, not politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I disagree with Rduke55 in that SMP is the perfect place to debate the morality of cop killing, I decided to post this here since the frequenters in politics will probably have more to say.

What are your thoughts on cop killing in the context of things like raids on houses where the crime is a no-victim crime like growing or trafficking marijuana? How about when you know you're innocent but are afraid the cop will kill you because he thinks he's endangered? What's the minimum threshold for killing a police officer? For the purposes of this thread, let's assume an honest or non-corrupt officer (let's not hijack this by claiming all officer's are by definition corrupt and jackbooted).