Thread: OOT MCAT advise
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: OOT MCAT advise

The tests I have taken dont score accurately above 36. If you make above a certain point you are assigned the 12+ range.

On the last one I took, I had scores of Verbal = 12+; Biological sciences = 11; Physical Sciences 10.

I am consistently weaker in the physical sciences section than the other 2 sections. I was making 8-9 on both biological sciences and physical sciences. I did a superficial review of both, and then a more in debth review of biological sciences. I have not done a full physical sciences review yet, and I haven't completed my 2nd physics class yet. I am sure this is reflected in my overall score right now.

After reveiwing the BS sections My score jumped from 8-9 range to 10-11 range. After a more in debth review, I have made 12+ once and 11 once.

I would like to get to where I make 12+ at least once on the physical sciences section before I take the real MCAT. So I know I am capable of falling in that range if I run well on test [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have pretty much rocked the verbal section from the first time I took the practice test. So, I am not trying to fix what aint broke [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think 30+ locks me up a spot in some medical school if that is what I decide to do, however a score of 36+ would be excellent for trying to compete for spots in the MD/phd programs of some of the more respected universities.

blake