View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Re: How to Maximize profits from a set?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your responses, guys. I'm not saying you're wrong, you could be right. However, it's a little arrogant to say this belongs in small stakes. I personally would not risk $2000 on a high pocket pair in this situation, or any other, I'm too good of a player to do that . I had said that this player is a good player, and I usually do the minimum raise on the flop with a set , so if I pushed, it's possible he could've folded. IOW, you gotta play the player.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are contradictory statements. Good players don't minraise sets on the flop. Good players know that when someone minraises a dry flop that they have a set and fold their overpair.

I think flop call is fine as a changeup. How would you play 99 in this spot? I would repop turn in this case and bet river. Most decent players aren't going to be firing on all three streets with an overpair here and so calling on the turn doesn't mean he will fire river and you can raise here.

If you want to build this pot you need to make a raise on turn which might allow you to win more on river.