View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Re: An A high calldown

[ QUOTE ]
Just the board, his range, and 35/5's usually don't 3-bet AJ etc. It could be a fd, but we have to pay a lot to see a showdown. If I played with the guy I could give a pretty close approximation of his donking range, I've been doing a lot of note taking and I'm starting to get a feel as to why players donk here.

Eg, a donk on a 458 board is often a draw. This board, he's more inclined to check-call because he can trap your pfr presumably made hand later. He donks 458 because he thinks he can fold you too, but JT7 he probably can't.

I like a turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an excellent post and read on this situation. I would also like to say that I love Ahigh call down threads. They are always interesting considering these are some of the toughest situations we all face everyday. Like surfblullet said, I also have a lot of trouble interpreting these donkbets, but I agree with Arturius that due to the cordination of this board and the preflop passivity of the villain, he is very likely to have a made hand here thus making a calldown -EV versus calling the flop and folding the turn unimproved.