Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: sqvirrel
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 09-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: The raise to buy equity( theory)

In 6 max the pot rarely gets large enough, and the hands are rarely multiway enough for raising to clean up outs to make sense. I suppose it's a strategy to keep in your pocket but I doubt you will...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 08-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: 6max Limit + very loose/passive opponents = big problem

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, many thanks for correcting me. If 1.5-2BB/100 is already considered a good winrate at 6max LHE than I will not be ungrateful to the poker-god and I hope, that I can keep this while...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 08-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: AQo 10c/20c

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the river bet here, but you're toast with that BB check/raise. You can't even beat two pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has 2 pair. Easy call in a pot this size.
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 08-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: A new can we fold to 3-bet preflop thread

I realized my math was off a little in my post. The -2sb reflects total expectation over all six major scenarios. It should have been divided out to an EV of -0.33sb to call the 3-bet.

Also it...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 08-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: A new can we fold to 3-bet preflop thread

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say you don't carry on unless you flop an ace or 5, which will happen about 1 in 3 times so I've heard. If you flop an ace you have slightly over 50% equity. If you flop a 5 depends...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 08-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Folding preflop to 3-bet?

[ QUOTE ]

i really dont think you can fold in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can, but the circumstances under which it is correct is pretty rare and you would not be making more than a...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Folding preflop to 3-bet?

I raise fold on occasion, but only with a dominatable ace out of position against a tight raiser.

My rationale is that I'm really only flopping to hit an A and maybe win. If all my ace outs are...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: You just don\'t run into these guys often enough (PF)

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

he check-folds his pocket 9s.

This might be a fold but not because you have to play your...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Calvin is such a joke

[ QUOTE ]

Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Too much action??

Out of curiosity why is everyone so worried about what stoxx would do? There probably isn't an absolute right or wrong way to play this, and stoxx isn't the only dude who's ever thought about poker....
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Common spot from the BB HU

[ QUOTE ]
there are numerous hands, which are weaker than K8o, that CO could be playing, that gives him a better hand on the flop, when we pair our 8,

[/ QUOTE ]

And there are a number of...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: 1/2 bvb bottom pair

[ QUOTE ]

How can you state this when the only info we have is that villain is TAG or LAG and c/r with a strong draw is a very common move for those players?

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be a very...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Common spot from the BB HU

[ QUOTE ]

Pokerstove has us as a 60.9:36.28 dog, which is 1.68:1, which is a nice overlay on our 3.5:1 pot odds, however, if the flop comes QT8 v. our K8, villain's T8s,J8s, as well as several...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: 1/2 bvb bottom pair

[ QUOTE ]
You can't trust a turn c/r from a agressive player. It could be a flush or straightdraw. If you bet/fold you cold fold the best hand for the same amount you can take this to SD with. Also...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: 1/2 bvb bottom pair

[ QUOTE ]
chk then call river vb river if checked to

the pot is tiny u mostly just wanna collect bluffs and avoid putting in too many bets drawing bad

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are crazy. Easy,...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Any good books for low-limit short hand?

[ QUOTE ]

Yah I just got K4 in the SB & was legitimately hoping for button to raise so I wouldn't have to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you have to play anyway. It costs you a tiny fraction...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: I do this a lot

[ QUOTE ]
or maybe folding sometimes will make a bluff more likely, so when I call there is a greater chance of snapping one off

[/ QUOTE ]

I use specific ranges of o'clocks to c/c my A-high...
Forum: Internet Gambling 07-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: how many americans play on line poker?

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know? round about number? just the states?

[/ QUOTE ]

None. It's illegal and we all abide by the law. I just dutifully purchase my $100 worth of completely legal,...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Missed flop steal attempt

[ QUOTE ]
Those are some good points about peeling. I'm changing my mind to a fold, but I think its close and I think there are certainly meta-game benefits to let him know you won't give up super...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Missed flop steal attempt

This also might be a good spot to limp the button. It would be better if villain had a lower pfr but against this guy you need a hand to take to showdown. K7 aint it.
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Aces cracked...again

c/c river. ...you only lose value to a hance like AK that checks behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
uhh or all the other ace high hands he was calling down with once that queen pairs on...
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: Aces cracked...again

c/c river. He will value bet any pair and you only lose value to a hance like AK that checks behind.
Forum: Small Stakes Shorthanded 07-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By sqvirrel
Re: improving my WTSD

[ QUOTE ]
to increase my wtsd by 5% i'd have to get to showdown around 35 extra times in 750 hands (assuming i see a flop roughly 1/3 of the time). if i only made a 2-4 wrong folds i don't see how...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 89

Forum Jump