Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Im Lost (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=95668)

fsuplayer 04-24-2006 11:19 AM

Im Lost

3 handed 2k nl game.

villian has 3k, i cover. his #'s are around 34-18, but thats not filtered, so those might be a bit high for this player. he seems to be a solid sh'd player, but not super aggro either so far.

id rather not give out his SN, as i dont want this to turn into a gossip thread. PM me if you are interested.

i have been opening a fair amount, and he hasnt put up too much resistance pf or post flop. could be the cards, not sure.

although i have played with him a decent bit, i havent seen too many showdowns with him, nor many rivers for that matter, so i cant provide too many more details other than that.

i raise J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to $70 after one fold, he calls in BB. I am SB.

flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

i lead for $140, my standard cont. bet, he quickly raises to $400, which he hasnt done much yet.

sometimes ill 3 bet here, but i think his range is fairly tight and solid, and another spade draw is a possibility i think.

i call.

turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

pot is around $950, eff stack left is 2.5k.

a) what is my play here?

also what is your play if you check and:

b) villian bets 750
c) villian bets 300.

thanks.

ahnuld 04-24-2006 11:26 AM

Re: Im Lost

I like a medium lead for 400-500. Looks like you could be trying to take it away since the scare card came and might get him to bluff raise you. He also might call down with 1 pair but if you go for the CR it wont work after the bet. I like leading 400-500 and then openpushing a non spade river. I wouldnt worry too much about him having a set, as he would have probably reraised you preflop in position 3 handed.

CR is ok but if you do it, make sure its an amount where there is room for a fold. Not saying you should ever fold, just let him think it possible.

fsuplayer 04-24-2006 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a medium lead for 400-500.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if called, whats your plan for a spade river and 2k left?

ahnuld 04-24-2006 11:32 AM

1900 pot? Probably open push since he may call and only 1 hand beats us. Checking may look like we were semibluffing scary turn and now want to get our K paid off. Open pushing isnt great but its the best line we have imo.

yvesaint 04-24-2006 11:36 AM

my instinct is to bet, but after some thinking, a check may be better.

will edit this post later with my thoughts

Whose2know 04-24-2006 11:45 AM

I would lead turn for about $500. Make it look like you hit your ace. If he has a set or AQ its getting all in on the turn. Since you said this $400 reraise was kinda rare from this player I would assume a big hand...even if he has the flush draw, I'd say your good.

I'm not a high stakes regular, but this would be my play.

ObnxNole 04-24-2006 11:55 AM

I think a lead on the turn of ~500-700 is the best play here assuming you don't mind stacking off here for a couple of reasons.

1. I dont think he is raising with a King high flush draw on the flop given his tight image. He most likely has a set or AQ maybe KK with a spade or AA w/o a spade.

2.) I don't want him to draw cheaply...he may check a set here on the turn in and fill up cheap on the river. Charge him the max!

If u check to him on the turn and he bets I think it's an automatic CR. How much is the key. A bet of $300 puts the pot to $1250 and with ur call its at $1550. Bumping it to $1500 total or $1200 more sounds good at first glance however it only leaves you with 1k left on the river If a scare card falls then are u folding with only 1k left? I don't think so..CR all in no matter what he bets on the turn.

luckychewy 04-24-2006 11:58 AM

The A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] most likely scares him, I'd probably check since betting will almost never get you any action. And if he calls and a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes or the board pairs you'll put yourself in a tough spot. If he bets $750 I'd shove, if he bets $350 I might just call and lead river, or raise to about $1,500. Either way I think checking is best.

04-24-2006 12:09 PM

cr ai

fsuplayer 04-24-2006 12:15 PM

to both sized bets?