Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   And you do what? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=94241)

steelcmg 04-22-2006 01:19 PM

And you do what?

So last night me and my friend where drinking all night and we decided we where going to play so poker. I told him to go and get a table at .5/.10 NL to mess around for a bit. Well I came back from the bathroom and he logged into the 5/10 NL game instead. Well I am no where near bankrolled for this level.

As soon as I saw this I told my buddy to leave the table but we get stuck in the BB with KK. Well this is great but then a short stack pushes and is reraised and I will have to call and put most of my bank roll at risk. This is my dilemma I think this is the perfect time to triple up my small bank roll but at the same time I have had to rebuild it from scratch again do to financial problems. So my question is do I call this and hope for the best or do you dump it and take the small loss.

ajmargarine 04-22-2006 01:25 PM

Re: And you do what?

Ho hum. Another should I fold KK preflop question. Dude, never ever fold KK preflop. Get it in there. Push that small edge.

------&gt; <font color="white">Never put most of your bankroll on the line with one hand. Fold it and get out of there. </font>

BalugaWhale 04-22-2006 01:26 PM

GAMBOOOOOOL

aha I don't know, tough spot

mosuavea 04-22-2006 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ho hum. Another should I fold KK preflop question. Dude, never ever fold KK preflop. Get it in there. Push that small edge.

------&gt; <font color="white">Never put most of your bankroll on the line with one hand. Fold it and get out of there. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but at least this one has a twist lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jamougha 04-22-2006 01:27 PM

I gamble here.

LastEmu 04-22-2006 01:28 PM

Well, first you curse the hell out of your friend for being a [censored], then you grudgingly call, knowing theres a chance you're down most of your roll. Your friend's night will either end with a bloody nose, or a huge, very awkward hug. Good luck.

Hattifnatt 04-22-2006 01:29 PM

Call, and if you lose, just tell your friend it was his fault and say he have to pay you the money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

steelcmg 04-22-2006 01:34 PM

This is not meant to be one of those KK fold hands I have never folded it preflop and I didn’t here. Maybe I am being result oriented here but I’m not 100% sure I should be putting my whole bank roll that took months to rebuild back up on the line here.

ajmargarine 04-22-2006 01:40 PM

I'm not putting 90% of my bankroll on the line in any situation. I'd fold AA here. This question isn't about poker at all. It's about whether you are a degenerate gambler or not. I'm not risking my livelihood on one hand.

sdfsdf 04-22-2006 01:44 PM

wait so what happened? how much did short stack push for and how much did normal stack re-raise to? how many people were left to act after the normal stack re-raised? if normal stack pushed with few people left to act then you're probably ahead. if normal stack re-raises small with lots of people left to act and they all fold then you're probably ahead. anything else and you're probably behind.