Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Do Any "Adults" 8-Table ??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=9071)

Feltin Licter 01-10-2006 09:03 PM

Do Any \"Adults\" 8-Table ???

I know many UNDER 25's like to talk about how they 8-table. I guess it's "cool" maybe it makes them feel like a better play. I have no idea how you can play 8 tables unless you just fold everything >JJ. Especially the guys that 8 table 6 max games.

4 tables I can pull off at full ring NL...if any 8-table ADULTS do this, do you adjust your game? Do you just play super-tight straight forward poker?

jman220 01-10-2006 09:07 PM

Re: Do Any \"Adults\" 8-Table ???

[ QUOTE ]
I know many UNDER 25's like to talk about how they 8-table. I guess it's "cool" maybe it makes them feel like a better play. I have no idea how you can play 8 tables unless you just fold everything >JJ. Especially the guys that 8 table 6 max games.

4 tables I can pull off at full ring NL...if any 8-table ADULTS do this, do you adjust your game? Do you just play super-tight straight forward poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you're trying to imply here, that people play 8 or more tables because they are arrogant and cocky and young? Thats wrong. People play 8 or more tables because they can earn more bb/hour playing that many tables. Its as simple as that. I'm not under 25 (I'm literally 25), and have 8 and 9-tabled 10 person pl omaha without terrible difficulty. It is an acquired skill to multitable, but you certainly don't have to play some sort of supertight only JJ and up strategy, you can play normally.

Arnfinn Madsen 01-10-2006 09:12 PM

I only 4-table so I am not speaking for myself here, but venting your frustration of not handling something onto those who handle it is lame. Some people (under and above 25) play great, complex, 8-table poker.

SoftcoreRevolt 01-10-2006 09:16 PM

Sorry no Over 25 year olds have the mental and physical toughness to 8 table. It is a skill gained at birth and lost the evening of your 25th Birthday.

smellmuth 01-10-2006 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry no Over 25 year olds have the mental and physical toughness to 8 table. It is a skill gained at birth and lost the evening of your 25th Birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is obviously true.

Feltin Licter 01-10-2006 09:36 PM

All the frat boys have nothing to say as usual

shadow. 01-10-2006 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the frat boys have nothing to say as usual

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that there are too many fraternity boys here, but if you're referring to many of the younger players on this site, then I would be willing to wager you very very large sums of money that these players have more refined poker skills and play at a more expert than to which you could ever hope to aspire.

Best regards,

John

lancasteraus 01-10-2006 09:56 PM

"but! but! If I can't do it, it must be impossible!!!"

A suprisingly childish outlook from a supposed adult.

Feltin Licter 01-10-2006 10:00 PM

>>>>then I would be willing to wager you very very large sums of money that these players have more refined poker skills and play at a more expert than to which you could ever hope to aspire.<<<<

Wow, this makes sense. Why do I even bother in the retard forum?

Feltin Licter 01-10-2006 10:06 PM

Playing 8 tables is cool ! Especially when my friends watch me !!