Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Playing Small Pocket Pairs from Early Position (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=83006)

KnightEnder 04-09-2006 07:28 AM

Playing Small Pocket Pairs from Early Position

<font color="blue">In a loose game, from early position, against a raise, should you play a small pockt pair; say 22-66? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'd really appreciate y'alls help to see if I'm playing it right or not. Thanks.</font>

KE

Nick Royale 04-09-2006 07:57 AM

Re: Playing Small Pocket Pairs from Early Position

Generally not, but that dependson how loose the game is and how many players already been coldcalling/limping.

James. 04-09-2006 09:53 AM

this isn't exactly what you are asking, but i notice that these smaller pairs do better in loose-aggressive games with lots of action on the flop. they are great for loose-passive games, but when you flop a set in a loose-aggressive game you are ensured of decent action most of the time, which means more bets in the pot. as for your question, if you are asking if i am the first coldcaller of an UTG raise with those hands in UTG+1/UTG+2/Early MP, almost always no(of course there are a few exceptions to these situations).

Loser 04-09-2006 10:14 AM

first of all, i think it's awesome that you can vote for 2. second play them in live games no matter what. third if it's loose agro before flop--forget about it you want loose agro post flop.

James. 04-09-2006 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it's loose agro before flop--forget about it you want loose agro post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

one is usually a result of the other, no?

Ubertom 04-09-2006 12:38 PM

If you think there is a VERY good chance of it being at least a 4 or 5 handed pot, then they are probably worth playing. Any less, muck them except vs. complete maniacs

r0uJe 04-09-2006 06:20 PM

heh, even in TIGHT games, i sometimes OPEN RAISE with 22-66 (full ring) from ANY position and usually knock out all but one (sometimes two) opponents who will (usually) fold to a c-bet.

i only do this though when i'm winning a lot of pots. of course, when you're sitting there for 4 hours and have not won a single hand, you might not want to do this...

JacksonTens 04-09-2006 08:28 PM

Quantify 'Loose'. There are spots for these.

JT

KnightEnder 04-13-2006 11:14 PM

Loose: Usually 6 to the Flop. And I'm talking hoping to catch trips and if not letting them go?

KE

WalkAmongUs 04-13-2006 11:22 PM

one of the biggest things i've noticed about 5/10 and 10/20 is that people overvalue small and even medium pocket pairs in a lot of situations.

i constantly see people 3-betting with these against tight raisers.

i had a guy with TAG stats call 3 cold with 88. he made it to showdown despite 2 overcards and won against an UI AK.

the funny thing is that since he won i'm betting he things this was a good play and is patting himself on the back.