Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   FU MLB.. retarded game licensing, no 2006 PC games? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=78918)

Benholio 04-04-2006 12:28 PM

FU MLB.. retarded game licensing, no 2006 PC games?

The only MLB-licensed 2006 baseball seems to be 'Major League Baseball 2K6' by 2K Sports, and they apparently are not releasing it for the PC.

So this year there are exactly zero PC games licenced by MLB? Brilliant move MLB!

Force1 04-04-2006 12:32 PM

Re: FU MLB.. retarded game licensing, no 2006 PC games?

[ QUOTE ]
The only MLB-licensed 2006 baseball seems to be 'Major League Baseball 2K6' by 2K Sports, and they apparently are not releasing it for the PC.

So this year there are exactly zero PC games licenced by MLB? Brilliant move MLB!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamer+Baseball Fan+not owning a Video game console=low demographic

4 High 04-04-2006 01:34 PM

LOL@playing a baseball game on the pc.

Benholio 04-04-2006 01:34 PM

I own a Video game console. I prefer playing a baseball game on PC.

By that logic, you could say its a good idea not to release most types of games on PC.

SL__72 04-04-2006 01:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the NFL has one of these deals w/ EA Sports.

JaredL 04-04-2006 01:45 PM

Is High Heat still by far the best game?

Benholio 04-04-2006 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the NFL has one of these deals w/ EA Sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the big difference is that I can (and did) go out and buy Madden '06 for PC.

acoustix 04-04-2006 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By that logic, you could say its a good idea not to release most types of games on PC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...most games already don't see a PC platform release....

This is exampled by the massive number of console games released yearly, and the dwindling number of PC games released yearly. PC games will eventually be phased out as consoles become more advanced. This is years off of course, but still inevitable. They are already gearing up some MMORPGs for Xbox 360 and will eventually have a keyboard and mouse set up.

+Margin is much larger on console games
+Developers would rather build for console as the hardware is constant for 4-6 year cycles
+Consoles are much more reasonably priced than PC's making their market share much bigger. The more expensive PC's get, the less games you will see for PC.

Don't blame the MLB, blame the manufacturers for wanting to make a profit and the consumers for not wanting to spend money on decent PC hardware.

Benholio 04-04-2006 04:01 PM

Well, I blame everyone then! I want to play a 2006 baseball game on my PC! Not college baseball either!

[ QUOTE ]
Don't blame the MLB, blame the manufacturers for wanting to make a profit and the consumers for not wanting to spend money on decent PC hardware.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can still blame the MLB though, because EA sports still releases baseball games for the PC, but they no longer have MLB licensing.

THAY3R 04-04-2006 04:16 PM

Just play OOTP