Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Jerry Rice (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=75515)

Jorge10 03-31-2006 05:34 AM

Jerry Rice

Ok what is the deal with Jerry Rice doing all these horrible reality TV shows. Hes healthy so he doesnt have a drug addiction, so does he have a gold addiction no one knows about? Or does he have a bunch of secret families no one knows about? Or has he always wanted to know what its like to be a prostitute?

I mean dancing with the stars, Jerry "the greatest receiver of all time" Rice in that show. Then pros vs joes. I understand he wants to make money and everything, but damnit those are horrible shows. Whats next? Jerry Rice eating a turd on fear factor? Or Jerry Rice blowing a horse for a reality show called "A horse gets a [censored] from the stars"?

Maybe im overreacting, but he was so awesome with the niners, its just depressing to see him in these horrible shows.

End of Rant

What do you guys think about this?

bottomset 03-31-2006 05:37 AM

Re: Jerry Rice

I just think he needs to be competing in something regardless of how dumb it is, someone should teach him poker so he can leave the limelight but still have something to compete in

Jack of Arcades 03-31-2006 06:20 AM

first of all, your writing sucks. second of all, quit hatin'. the guy's having fun.

James282 03-31-2006 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all, your writing sucks. second of all, quit hatin'. the guy's having fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed but you have to admit the turd on fear factor line was funny

Jorge10 03-31-2006 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Writting is not something I consider myself any good at, has nothing to do with my major. So dont care.

Also about him having fun, I guess, but theres something wrong about him being in these horrible shows while a lot of players who arent even hall of famers are commenting on games or are being part of reputable sports shows that makes this seem very very wrong.

I guess what im trying to say is, hes the greatest receiver of all time, how did he end up on these horrible shows while people who could never compare to him talent wise ended up in good shows.

thatpfunk 03-31-2006 06:38 PM

jerry is addicted to attention/spotlight.

i love the guy and i don't like watching him do these things, but whatever.

$_DEADSEXE_$ 03-31-2006 06:45 PM

he's bored.

and I think deep down he didnt go out the way he wanted to.

tdarko 03-31-2006 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Writting is not something I consider myself any good at, has nothing to do with my major. So dont care.

Also about him having fun, I guess, but theres something wrong about him being in these horrible shows while a lot of players who arent even hall of famers are commenting on games or are being part of reputable sports shows that makes this seem very very wrong.

I guess what im trying to say is, hes the greatest receiver of all time, how did he end up on these horrible shows while people who could never compare to him talent wise ended up in good shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not care but your two posts in this thread are barely readable. I didn't even get completely through either of the posts b/c my mind was locking up from having to reread each sentence numerous to try and decode it.

I was a biochem major, that doesn't mean I have to write like a 4th grader.

tdarko 03-31-2006 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jerry is addicted to attention/spotlight

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably right. Whe professional athletes retire their off time becomes incredibly difficult in those first years. They need the competition and that spotlight, it's all they have known and basically their make-up.

I think Jerry looked at the dancing show as something different in which he could fulfill his competitive juices while learning something new and completely outside of anything he would normally try. I don't think it was about the money at all.

SomethingClever 03-31-2006 08:28 PM

You had it right in the first place: He has a gold addiction.

Sad but true.