Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Players Championship (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=70119)

BadBoyBenny 03-24-2006 11:21 PM

The Players Championship

A strong group of players in contention after Friday. I'm gonna cheer for Furyk and Funk, but I really hope Scott, Singh, Olazabal, Garcia, Goosen and Woods all stay within range tomorrow.

Oh yeah, how about that meltdown?

Eurotrash 03-24-2006 11:41 PM

Re: The Players Championship

Love's round today was brutal. hard to believe he played it to 7 under on thursday.

my money is on Vijay, but we'll see what happens I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

roundmound 03-24-2006 11:44 PM

Not really sure how anyone could bet against Tiger. Made it through his usual first round crap fest and has some personal motivation.

BadBoyBenny 03-24-2006 11:52 PM

This really isn't the best track for Tiger. Not saying he shouldn't be up there among the favorites right now, but it's not the same as if the leaderboard was looking like this at Augusta or Firestone.

Edit: Of course if he ends up getting paired with Stephen Ames on Sunday then it's over.

tuq 03-25-2006 03:23 PM

Bump.

Something was mentioned on yesterday's broadcast about Sabattini having a pace of play related dustup with Nick Faldo. I guess their group got put on the clock, he went on tilt, double bogeyed a hole, and then blamed Faldo.

While in general I agree with Sabattini's frustration with slow players, this is at least twice since last summer that he's done this. Perhaps it's time for some medication.

HDPM 03-25-2006 04:47 PM

the big problem is that slow players are not penalized enough. Fines are BS. And only the slow players should be looked at.

CrazyPsycho 03-25-2006 05:14 PM

Adam Scott is +10 through 10 today. ARGH!

Now +11 through 11. 2 pars, 2 doubles, 7 bogeys. BOOOO.

Jshuttlesworth 03-25-2006 08:53 PM

Did they say on NBC that Woods was staying on his boat?
I missed that.

BadBoyBenny 03-25-2006 09:12 PM

The thing is Sabattini is facing penalty because of someone else's slow play. That could cost him a lot of money if it happened. If I was a Tour pro I would be pissed if my playing partner caused me to be put on the clock.

BadBoyBenny 03-25-2006 09:19 PM

Too bad Villegas played so early we didn't see any of his round. 4 under in those conditions must have been a pretty good show.

It's still almost anyone's tournament tomorrow, especially with 17 and 18 looming at the end.