Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   KQ unimproved on the turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=61010)

cartman 03-14-2006 01:57 PM

KQ unimproved on the turn

Villain is 30/20/1.6 with went to showdown = 35.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="blue">Hero?</font>

What is your line?

If you check behind on the turn do you call a river bet?

If you sometimes call and sometimes fold to a river bet, what river cards do you fold?

Thanks,
Cartman

JBB 03-14-2006 02:48 PM

Re: KQ unimproved on the turn

I'll do both, it really depends on the rythym I'm in, and my recent history with the table/guy. However, if I'm checking the turn, I'm folding the river UI.

Dane S 03-14-2006 02:51 PM

I think this is a mandatory bet/fold. He's peeling the flop way too light to check. He probably would have c/r with a pair.

The Bryce 03-14-2006 03:02 PM

The big perk to checking behind is that you will never fold ace high on the turn and it will rarely charge you on the river. If I can sucker bets out of random hands from this guy I'm definately checking behind. If he's just going to check-fold jack high I'd bet.

03-14-2006 03:05 PM

Against aggressive players I check behind and call any river card as it's likely a bluff.

Against passive opponents, I'll check behind if their WTSD is high and bet if it's low. I'm folding the river UI either way to a donk bet against such opponents.

03-14-2006 03:18 PM

Bet unless he will bluff way too much on the river when you show weakness. I think most dont do this on this board because there is not much to represent so I just bet-fold. He can peel this flop very lightly and the turn card changes nothing. I see him folding here a lot.

The DaveR 03-14-2006 03:25 PM

I'm betting, and I might bet the river unimproved.

Guy McSucker 03-14-2006 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I can sucker bets out of random hands from this guy I'm definately checking behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure what this part means. So you check behind on the turn, and then... do what on the river? How do you sucker extra bets out of him?

Guy.

Azalin 03-14-2006 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 30/20/1.6 with went to showdown = 35.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="blue">Hero?</font>

What is your line?

If you check behind on the turn do you call a river bet?

If you sometimes call and sometimes fold to a river bet, what river cards do you fold?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

With this board i think this is a pretty easy bet.

Spy Dog 03-14-2006 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a mandatory bet/fold. He's peeling the flop way too light to check. He probably would have c/r with a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]