Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Straight draw and trips (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=60144)

dtemp 03-13-2006 02:54 PM

Straight draw and trips

Villian is 45/10/1 over 88 hands. We have been involved in a few hands including one where he bet into me and then called me down with a mediocre hand on a semi-scary board.

Hero (116.90)
BB ( $128.93 )

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.5.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB folds, BB calls $16.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($46, 2 players)
BB checks,

lairnair 03-13-2006 02:58 PM

Re: Straight draw and trips

Bet the pot.

Hince 03-13-2006 03:38 PM

Why raise to $20? This seems off... I'd go to $10. and pot the turn.

As played I bet 2/3 the pot on the turn.

Z-plasty 03-13-2006 03:56 PM

Do you open raise with such trash often? Is your first name Gus?

As such, he must have you on A7 or A8. I would figure him for similar or A6 or a set on the flop which seems likely since he called such a big reraise.

I think i would control the pot size here and check this down unless hitting the straight on the river.

thirteen 03-13-2006 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you open raise with such trash often? Is your first name Gus?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise this every time when its folded to me on the button. Especially in a 6 max game.

PoBoy321 03-13-2006 04:02 PM

Pre-flop is fine.

Flop is good, although a raise to $15-16 might have been a little better.

Turn, you hit one of the best cards in the deck, so I would make it $32 on the turn.

thirteen 03-13-2006 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i would control the pot size here and check this down unless hitting the straight on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No way.. Pot this turn, you flopped a big draw and your hand just improved plus you have a redraw to the straight.

cbloom 03-13-2006 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd raise this every time when its folded to me on the button. Especially in a 6 max game.

What? No way.. Pot this turn, you flopped a big draw and your hand just improved plus you have a redraw to the straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

dtemp 03-13-2006 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop is good, although a raise to $15-16 might have been a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I got a little excited there with my draw and decided to overbet the pot. With 100 bb stacks, this might have been fine as I was trying to get as much of my money in as possible when the equity was the higest. With 200+ bb stacks I should have just gone for a pot sized reraise.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm wondering about. Do I still have a draw? I don't have many outs against the hands that beat me. If has a boat I'm a longshot at best or I'm just hoping for a split if he has a straight.

Now I think should still pot the turn, but for value not because of my draws. I want him to call with club draw or straight draw or a pair.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn, you hit one of the best cards in the deck, so I would make it $32 on the turn

[/ QUOTE ] And fold to check-raise, right?

What do I do on the river if he calls?

JustCarn 03-13-2006 05:40 PM

$35-full pot on the turn.

This is one of the best cards in the deck for you and your hand is well disguised. I assume your image is fairly LAGgy, so you have a good chance of getting called, so bet it hard,