Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Limp reraise hand with AA meets KKx flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=60024)

mosuavea 03-13-2006 12:36 PM

Limp reraise hand with AA meets KKx flop

This is a hand Four_2 (AKA Frank) asked me to post that came up at the table we were at the other night.

Villain in this hand was a horrid player who everyone at the table was trying to get a piece of. He would typically slow play and check raises his big hands.

From Frank on the open limp with AA in the CO:

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, limping AA was planned becuase villain was certain to raise from the bb and he was easy to out play post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $84.75
UTG+1: $55.20
Frank: $117.70
Button: $96.65
Hero: $113.85
BB: $100

Pre-flop: (6 players) Frank is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, Frank calls $1, Button folds, Hero folds,<font color="#cc3333">BB raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Frank raises to $12</font>, BB calls $7.5.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($24.5, 2 players)
BB checks, Frank checks.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($24.5, 2 players)
BB checks, Frank......

Thoughts on his turn line?

amoeba 03-13-2006 12:39 PM

Re: Limp reraise hand with AA, KK flop

if you believe villain will call a turn bet with a hand you beat, bet.

I prefer a bigger preflop reraise especially since limp reraise announces your hand.

I would repop to at least $16 and likely $20.

4_2_it 03-13-2006 12:40 PM

Thanks for posting this. This villain was an ATM and had a full buy-in. He was worse than the typical 'bad' NL $100 player. It's the first time I've open limped AA since I can remember. Any flop but that one and the money is getting in.

thirteen 03-13-2006 12:40 PM

$15 bet, fold to the check raise since you indicate that he plays big hands this way.

What is villains range in these situations? Will he open with and then call a reraise with marginal hands like KJ or KQ? Or can we put villain on a mid PP and bet for value?

mosuavea 03-13-2006 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What is villains range in these situations? Will he open with and then call a reraise with marginal hands like KJ or KQ? Or can we put villain on a mid PP and bet for value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain was amazingly retarded and had it not been for me, he would have been broke long ago. I have a habit of plumping up the fish for the sharks to get fat off.

His range is pretty much any two here. He would have a weak A, a PP, possibly a K, or some other form of rubbish which he has shown down in the past.

djoyce003 03-13-2006 12:43 PM

Re: Limp reraise hand with AA meets KKx flop

he likes to checkraise...so my guess is he'd try for one twice. I check behind again on the turn. Hopefully he'll lead small at the river, or checkraise me after i catch an Ace.

4_2_it 03-13-2006 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is wide. Any B-way with a K and any pp are definitely within his range. AK-A9 are there as well.

I really want to get to showdown or a value bet paid. Am I better off betting the turn or river?

4_2_it 03-13-2006 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I prefer a bigger preflop reraise especially since limp reraise announces your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Overbet the pot slightly. I like it. This guy was bad so I really don't think he puts me on AA here with the LR.

I do like this line. Do you do with 99-JJ on a rare occasion? I think I might LR once every 10k or so hands.

thirteen 03-13-2006 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is wide. Any B-way with a K and any pp are definitely within his range. AK-A9 are there as well.

I really want to get to showdown or a value bet paid. Am I better off betting the turn or river?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's not holding a K and you feel that betting could scare him off his mid PP or whiffed Ax then checking the turn is certainly an option. I'm not very tricky so I probably lead the turn and fold to a check raise since our read is that he'd play a good hand this way (by good I'll assume he can beat a single pair).

I'd probably lead the river again if villain flat calls my turn bet.

Thoughts?

amoeba 03-13-2006 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Overbet the pot slightly. I like it. This guy was bad so I really don't think he puts me on AA here with the LR.

I do like this line. Do you do with 99-JJ on a rare occasion? I think I might LR once every 10k or so hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've limped reraised in a long time, mainly because I play 6 max. I never limp reraise 99-JJ. I am aggressive enough preflop that I do not get a lot of respect and thus I can't represent premium overpair.

the other reason you have to think about is that the $12 limp reraise technically gives him correct implied odds to flop a set as he is calling 7.5 to win whatever is in the pot + remainder of your stack.

thats not the worst flop for you. at least its not something like KQT or something like that. but it is a flop where you don't get a lot of value from hands you beat so checking behind on the turn is certainly fine.