Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How big a hand does it take to get you excited in limit? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=59914)

britspin 03-13-2006 08:19 AM

How big a hand does it take to get you excited in limit?

In No-limit or tourney play, I often get excited about biggish pots. Usually they'll be preflop raising wars, with all of he money going in either then or on flop. When I find out I'm dominating or they're drawing dead, I might slap the table or say "yeesss" or something equally stupid.

In Limit I tend to be much calmer about pots and rarely get excited over a particular hand because I find it easier to rationalise playing the right way and still losing- also, the pot builds gradually, which build the tension and requires more thought.

So I was wondering - how big a limit hand does it take to have you doing a mini celebration?

Hielko 03-13-2006 08:23 AM

Re: How big a hand does it take to get you excited in limit?

Quads or better.

britspin 03-13-2006 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quads or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funnily enough I was thinking more BB size than hand size.

If I have quads (on the 4 occassions I have had quads) I'm excited, but frantically trying to work out how to gt more money into the pot. Usually in limit I'm unsuccessful Never yet been on the winning side of the Quads versus nut FH funfest.

Sushiglutton 03-13-2006 08:32 AM

>10bb makes me happy. >20 makes me dance.

Sqwrlking 03-13-2006 08:42 AM

I was pretty worked up when I won a 46.5 BB pot a few weeks ago, but I still play at a limit where it's not that much money. I suppose it depends a lot on your personal finances and experience.

Fantam 03-13-2006 08:51 AM

I must admit that I got somewhat interested when I was drawing to a possible winning hand, that I subsequently won a 25 BB pot with.

Thats probably about the closest that I think I have come to being excited playing low limit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I remember a fish winning a 50BB pot once. Then he lost all the money back and said that he needed another big win like the earlier one. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

britspin 03-13-2006 09:07 AM

Yup- The reason it occurred to me was that <shameless brag> I won my first ever 50 BB hand last night </shameless brag> and it was the first time I remember punching the air at limit.

Mind you. I wussed the river, so I shouldn't celebrate.

UATrewqaz 03-13-2006 09:22 AM

Any time I have the nuts in a semi-decent pot I'm excited....