Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL25 QQ Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556742)

WantToLearn 11-28-2007 08:13 PM

NL25 QQ Question

Ok, here comes a pretty general question, I know this is highly dependant on opposition and situation, but, as far as a general answer can go:

When I have QQ and there is a non-steal raise from an average opponent, and then there is a 3-bet from a player whoīs tight enough that a 3-bet actualy means something, can I fold my QQ or am I hurting myself?

What if I 3-bet and a reasonable player behind me 4-bets?

Assume 100BB stacks please.

I have never befor considered folding but recently, and I simply canīt tell is this paranoia or awareness.

Sugar Nut 11-28-2007 08:21 PM

Re: NL25 QQ Question

I think this is a very good question, and please don't depend on me answering it to the fullest, since I have the same reasons as you have to frequent this forum: I want to learn.

My observations though in my short $25NL career are telling me, that (at least at this limit, and I don't have experience with higher limits)a 3bet by a tight opponent means AK, or QQ+ (maybe even better when 4betting), so as much as it might hurt, I guess it's a fold for 100BB unless you can't call for setvalue.

Sugar Nut

Sugar Nut 11-28-2007 08:25 PM

Replying to your post reminds me of a QQ hand, which came up a couple of days ago (although I was not faced with a 3-or 4bet preflop). I will dig it out of Pokertracker and post it in a few minutes. i would be happy if you could take a look also.

Sugar Nut

Grinding2Ecstasy 11-29-2007 04:40 AM

So the initial raise assuming is to 3.5bb, 3bet is to 12.5BB or so? If it is that much or less I definitely cold call given reads and try to flop a set in a big, probably 3-way pot.

Be careful with your reads though do not give people too much credit esp at 25nl. Even a 'tight' player whose 3 bet 'means something' is still probably a pretty bad player overall who may get tilty or overplay AK/AQ/JJ etc. If I wasn't totally sure they are a nit, I'd prob call and stack off on all unders flop. Against a nit, just hope to set mine it 3-way.

WantToLearn 11-29-2007 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the initial raise assuming is to 3.5bb, 3bet is to 12.5BB or so? If it is that much or less I definitely cold call given reads and try to flop a set in a big, probably 3-way pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but that can work only because it is probably going to be three-way, and it is still marginal, isnīt it? As we are going to win just ~80% of the time when we hit our set (maybe a bit more here, as as the 3-bettor probably doesnīt have seomthing that makes a straight or a flush easily), we need to win ~11 times our inital investment with each set just to break even. Thatīs 137,5 BB in our examble - meh.