Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Move over Curtains!!! (My Blog) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=55481)

Jman28 03-08-2006 01:27 AM

Move over Curtains!!! (My Blog)

Just playing man, I love you.

I mentioned my blog in my last thread, where I quoted it, but I want to make an official announcement. I have a blog. It is here: 47outs.com

I'm posting to let people see it, and as a motivation for me to write in it. I posted like 4 things today, the first day, and I have a few more waiting to be posted, but I hope to keep it up. It's started out very strategy based, but I hope it'll get a bit lighter soon. I need to save some content for my articles.

Your support and knowing that people are reading will be excellent motivation for me to churn out the words.

The blog is actually just a holding place right now for a big SNG site I'm planning. There are a few details in the first entry, but basically, it's gonna be awesome. So, enjoy! Please feel free to ask me about anything on there.

Daliman 03-08-2006 02:32 AM

Re: Move over Curtains!!! (My Blog)

[ QUOTE ]

I mentioned my blog in my last thread, where I quoted it, but I want to make an official announcement. I have a blog. It is here: 47outs.com

I'm posting to let people see it, and as a motivation for me to write in it. I posted like 4 things today, the first day, and I have a few more waiting to be posted, but I hope to keep it up. It's started out very strategy based, but I hope it'll get a bit lighter soon. I need to save some content for my articles.

Your support and knowing that people are reading will be excellent motivation for me to churn out the words.

The blog is actually just a holding place right now for a big SNG site I'm planning. There are a few details in the first entry, but basically, it's gonna be awesome. So, enjoy! Please feel free to ask me about anything on there.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just like curtains, silliness in the very first article. Since one would only be guessing at his earnings % drop anyways, it makes no difference if figured from true or "Zero-sum" ROI. Everyone figures in the rake in total buyin in anyways when figuring for ROI.

Go back to yer 25-50 game....

ChrisV 03-08-2006 02:42 AM

Eh? What a bunch of crap.

[ QUOTE ]
And just like curtains, silliness in the very first article. Since one would only be guessing at his earnings % drop anyways, it makes no difference if figured from true or "Zero-sum" ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone is guessing, the effect isn't real?

Suppose Party introduced new SNGs where the blinds started at 1000/2000. Are you confident you can beat the rake?

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone figures in the rake in total buyin in anyways when figuring for ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this means. But if someone's ROI at the normals is 4% and they figure they can play the speeds with an ROI of 2%, that's likely to be extremely wrong.

curtains 03-08-2006 02:55 AM

I took more offense to the bit about the turtle and the hare at the end.

Jman28 03-08-2006 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And just like curtains, silliness in the very first article.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. That's like, my 4th article. It goes from the bottom up.

I'm pretty sure my article was right though. ChrisV explained most of it.

curtains 03-08-2006 02:58 AM

Well ChrisV didn't really explain all of it. In any case I thijnk when people say itll drop their ROI by 40% they actually mean the ROI figure they have. Your point is well taken, I just think the effects are overblown a bit in your article.

curtains 03-08-2006 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And just like curtains, silliness in the very first article. Since one would only be guessing at his earnings % drop anyways, it makes no difference if figured from true or "Zero-sum" ROI. Everyone figures in the rake in total buyin in anyways when figuring for ROI.

Go back to yer 25-50 game....

[/ QUOTE ]

btw for some reason I cannot get my chat to work on Party or else I'd have had plenty to say that tourney we played together [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Does anyone have any clue why I suddenly can't chat ever....even if I try as an observer it doesnt warn me that I can't chat, just nothing registers ever. Hmmm Im kinda hijacking this thread huh?

Bigwig 03-08-2006 03:01 AM

I think all your blogs stink. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jman28 03-08-2006 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well ChrisV didn't really explain all of it. In any case I thijnk when people say itll drop their ROI by 40% they actually mean the ROI figure they have. Your point is well taken, I just think the effects are overblown a bit in your article.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I think when people assume their ROI will be cut in half before playing a level, they often times are basing that on the 'feel' that the game is half as tough. They probably aren't thinking about the rake.

curtains 03-08-2006 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I think when people assume their ROI will be cut in half before playing a level, they often times are basing that on the 'feel' that the game is half as tough. They probably aren't thinking about the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think its more of them basing the new game compared to old stuff. Like for instance I have played 22s,33s,55s,109s,215s etc and have a decent feel for difference in strength of each of them. I think I can get a pretty good feel of some other game too and compare it in that way somehow. I dunno I might not be making any sense.