Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AQ with 3 diamonds on flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554793)

Igloo9 11-26-2007 01:56 PM

AQ with 3 diamonds on flop

villain is 22/18/3

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $107.95
Hero (CO): $98.05
BTN: $143.70
SB: $108.60
BB: $41.75
UTG: $88.25

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $60</font>,

chiTown22 11-26-2007 01:59 PM

Re: AQ with 3 diamonds on flop

If you are currently ahead in this hand against a AX with a diamond its 50/50.

Without a read in a 3bet pot, I would fold here. At best you are hoping for a coin flip.

Alobar 11-26-2007 02:00 PM

I never know what to do in these spots. I prolly would have decided that if im betting the flop its with the intention of felting if he raises. So consequently I check behind a lot, which I feel terrible about, but like I said, I have no idea what to do here

spivey 11-26-2007 02:03 PM

Shove. I'm always bet/calling this flop.

Alobar 11-26-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are currently ahead in this hand against a AX with a diamond its 50/50.

Without a read in a 3bet pot, I would fold here. At best you are hoping for a coin flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has Ax diamond that means hes calling our 3 bets OOP with offsuit aces. I think hes more likely to have TT with a diamond than AxJd

AllIn3High 11-26-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never know what to do in these spots. I prolly would have decided that if im betting the flop its with the intention of felting if he raises. So consequently I check behind a lot, which I feel terrible about, but like I said, I have no idea what to do here

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind checking behind here with the intention of felting if a non-diamond falls on the turn, that's IMO a pretty good and standard way to play this. It also neatly disguised the times you have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Jx and don't really feel like betting.

If I'm betting this flop it's with the intention of felting. So I'd pooosh here and take the flip.

HoldEmNewby 11-26-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a flop check behind is so terrible

ikestoys 11-26-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it is

ikestoys 11-26-2007 02:11 PM

if he's 4betting AK... felt here

Chicago Twister 11-26-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking this flop sucks major.