Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL value bet or bluff? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554465)

DrRock 11-25-2007 09:55 PM

50NL value bet or bluff?

I just sat down and have no reads. I am pretty sure I am still ahead on this turn.
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $71.35
BTN: $103.30
SB: $27.10
BB: $5
Hero (UTG): $49.25
MP: $58.95

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, MP calls $3

Turn: ($10.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

PinkMartini 11-25-2007 10:25 PM

Re: 50NL value bet or bluff?

C/c here. You can't stand to call a big re-raise, but calling down is ok because you're either WA/WB and you have a draw to the nut flush.

Draidin 11-25-2007 11:10 PM

MP just hit his flush or his Ace. slooow down at this point. i hate checking here, but i also hate the A and the third club. C/c any reasonable bet.

slush420 11-25-2007 11:14 PM

bet $6 on turn and fold to any reasonable action or give up if called. he very easily could have pair+str8 draw here and there's a chance he calls, doesn't hit, and you get a showdown.

finalboarder 11-25-2007 11:43 PM

I agree more with the first two posts. I don't like betting at all in this spot. Yeah there's a chance he calls with a worse hand but there is also a chance that you will get reraised off your hand when you may have the best hand already and are drawing to the nuts.

slush420 11-25-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree more with the first two posts. I don't like betting at all in this spot. Yeah there's a chance he calls with a worse hand but there is also a chance that you will get reraised off your hand when you may have the best hand already and are drawing to the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep you're right king of clubs. ugh it's been a long drive and I'm staying at a hotel on the way back from vacation. yes checking is fine.

Profish2285 11-26-2007 12:23 AM

I b/f here. C/c is the worst of the options imo because youre not getting paid off if you hit and you cant afford to call a psb. No reason to think the A hit him, he can just as easily have top pair, a draw, or an overpair from the flop. With that said, if he raises your bet he is more than likely not bluffing as the A should scare him very often as well so its an easy fold after you bet. Immediately slowing down everytime you see a scare card is weak tight and so exploitable.

Check_The_Nuts 11-26-2007 12:47 AM

yeah Pro is right this is just a bet/fold. The fact the A is an overcard shouldn't bother you any, since he hopefully isn't peeling Ax on the flop. Tho they definitely do that some of the time....