Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   flopping a set against donk and TAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552943)

Mike MacIntosh 11-23-2007 02:40 PM

flopping a set against donk and TAG

MP is a donk. CO is a 22/20/2.5 TAG. He views me as a standard TAG who can get out of line at times.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $100
BTN: $374
Hero (SB): $97.50
BB: $100
UTG: $153.75
MP: $237.40

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, <font color="red">CO raises to $5</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $4.50, BB folds, MP calls $4

Flop: ($16) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12, MP calls $12

<font color="blue">I really don't think I will be able to extract much value from him here. He will most likely be folding his over-pairs on this board a good % of the time. As a raise from me in this spot under these circumstances will be a monster most of the time.

FWIW, I raise here almost 100% of the time. Given my read/board texture I felt this would be a good spot to cold call with my set. </font>

Turn: ($52) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

<font color="blue">Missed my CRAI. </font>

River: ($52) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>

<font color="blue">Probably could have made this bet a little larger. </font>

DaCooler 11-23-2007 02:42 PM

Re: flopping a set against donk and TAG

i think you have to lead the turn here.. there are way to many rivers that kill your action.. and you dont want it checked throough

syn 11-23-2007 02:43 PM

i think i lead turn
since we know agressor is not retard and will most likel check many hands and will not get out of line, i think we extract from possible draws (straight/heart) and take over the hand from here. if were raised, were obviously pushing all in

this also puts agressor in hard spot if we lead, donk calls and CO has something like KK or something, he will either call or raise

either way, leading turn i like

sightless 11-23-2007 02:45 PM

I definatly either lead flop/check raise flop or lead turn
having the turn checked through is pretty bad imo

Mike MacIntosh 11-23-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. But pulling off a CRAI in this spot is sooo sexy.

sightless 11-23-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. But pulling off a CRAI in this spot is sooo sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh betting and being shoved on is just as good.
if the board was more uncoordinated I wouldn’t mind checking, but on this board a lot of cards can hit on river that will either kill the action or give you second best hand

DaCooler 11-23-2007 03:01 PM

no its not it screams set

Mike MacIntosh 11-23-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no its not it screams set

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea and so does leading. CRAI offers the chance to trap the maximum amount of dead money.

I am not saying the CRAI is better than leading or vice versa. There are a hand full of factors to weigh out here. And simply stating that our hand is face-up does not offer enough justification why one play is better than the other.

zaphod 11-23-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea and so does leading. CRAI offers the chance to trap the maximum amount of dead money.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you expect MP to bet out on the turn do you? Otherwise this statement would not be true. If MP checks and CO bets your checkraise likely gets the CO out of trouble.
So if I am check calling the flop, I think betting turn and hoping both MP and CO comes along is the best way to get money in the pot.

Leading flop is also cool(If you are lucky MP calls and CO raises.)