Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tuff spot in 3bet pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551931)

Mike MacIntosh 11-22-2007 12:52 AM

Tuff spot in 3bet pot

Villain just sat down. No reads, except he has a TAGGY name.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $68.45
Hero (UTG): $111.05
MP: $32.90
CO: $99.65
BTN: $172.30
SB: $100.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $14</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($29) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $24</font>, Hero ???

vaagsel 11-22-2007 12:58 AM

Re: Tuff spot in 3bet pot

call. I mean, if he sees you as TAG/LAG he's going to assume you won't have AK or AA often here so he's gonna bet most of his 3bet range on this flop

Noam Chomsky 11-22-2007 01:04 AM

taggy name = call flop. Unknown = probably fold turn if he bets, check behind if he checks and value bet the river.

Peleus 11-22-2007 01:15 AM

Fold,

Raising here pretty much pot commits you, so you can't really bet / fold which I would like to do.

When you call pre flop you're aim to commit on a board that has no over cards. The board hasn't given you that, time to get out while you can. Nice hand pre flop ruined by crap flop.

SB can be taken two ways, first way is someone who has hit with something like AK and thinks he has to cbet or it would be suspicious. Secondly it might be a cbet by someone with an underpair who wouldn't really put more money in.

For what its worth against unknown I'm folding.

thejerkface 11-22-2007 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call flop. Unknown = probably fold turn if he bets, check behind if he checks and value bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

tubasteve 11-22-2007 05:05 AM

at least call the flop.

dirtylobster 11-22-2007 05:08 AM

Lol @ folding. Call and re-evaluate turn.

Xanta 11-22-2007 05:08 AM

Raising is awful obviously, and I think most unknowns are cbetting enough to makes calling here +EV. Re-evaluate the turn. Keep in mind that you did raise and get 3bet from UTG though.

Speedlimits 11-22-2007 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold,

Raising here pretty much pot commits you, so you can't really bet / fold which I would like to do.

When you call pre flop you're aim to commit on a board that has no over cards. The board hasn't given you that, time to get out while you can. Nice hand pre flop ruined by crap flop.

SB can be taken two ways, first way is someone who has hit with something like AK and thinks he has to cbet or it would be suspicious. Secondly it might be a cbet by someone with an underpair who wouldn't really put more money in.

For what its worth against unknown I'm folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol post of the year

early325 11-22-2007 05:17 AM

call, re-eval