Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TPGK min raise....a frequent tough spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550359)

OSUGreg1983 11-20-2007 01:48 AM

TPGK min raise....a frequent tough spot

No stats on villain, but they're all passive here. I haven't played many hands at this table. Playing against min raises when I hit TPGK-TPTK is possibly the toughest situation I ever run into. Should it be easy? If I call flop do I c/c a reasonable turn bet to a "safe" card? Bah. Played poorly PF?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $11.55
BTN: $4.85
SB: $5.36
Hero (BB): $4.63
UTG: $16.29
MP: $2.88

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.50</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero sulks

orange 11-20-2007 01:57 AM

Re: TPGK min raise....one of the toughest spots i frequently run into

call and c/r the turn. or just lead the turn yourself.

vixticator 11-20-2007 02:01 AM

Shove, standard. I'd c-bet a little bit more though. This is the best case scenario other than just value betting all three streets. Flop minraise is generally weak, most likely an Ace rag or worse kicker. Perhaps a straight draw or even some kind of 89 type hand. Whatever. I don't expect you are beat often, maybe like 20% of the time. And they will never fold to shove.

DockDD 11-20-2007 02:05 AM

I give min raises almost no respect and it seems to be working fine so far. Rarely, I'll push now, sometimes call and lead, but usually call and checkraise.

I think they think, "ooh, I have a pair, I should raise it up" without giving any consideration to ranges, stacks, pot, etc. Also, if you cbet frequently and fold sometimes, they can say, "I'm a great bluffer, this aggressive idiot always folds to me on the flop when I minbet my 92".

MrWooster 11-20-2007 08:59 AM

So do I take it that in general we shoud get it AI vs a min-raise in these situations against an unknown?

xoom 11-20-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So do I take it that in general we shoud get it AI vs a min-raise in these situations against an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

At NL5 I don't see anything wrong with that.