Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flopped trips (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550176)

robrobdoe 11-19-2007 10:05 PM

Flopped trips

A couple of people posting, so I limped early with A2s. Flop gave me trips with top kicker. BB is 23/5.7/2.9 over 300 hands, with a flop AF of 5.3! Should I be raising to charge a possible flush draw or trying to get overcalls?

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.10. MP3 posts a blind of $0.15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...

neurotiq 11-19-2007 10:09 PM

Re: Flopped trips

Raise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Xylocain 11-19-2007 10:10 PM

BBs AF means that he fit-or-folds a lot not that he is mainiacal, but
with a two tone board and a decent pot forming I'm raising.

Dankenstein 11-19-2007 10:11 PM

I raise flop. and still expect overcalls. It's microstakes limit and calling 2 cold probably won't phase a lot of your opponents when they have a flushdraw, 7, 2 with a weaker kicker, or pocket pair. Get your money in and expect profits.

calidris 11-20-2007 02:48 AM

Anyone wanna wait with the raise until turn?

There's no way we can protect our hand against a FD (which is the only hand we'd really like to get rid of here). By raising we make sure that FDs get the odds to correctly call the turn too.

If we wait until turn we'd have a much better chance to protect it. Then again, if BB doesn't bet the turn we're in the same situation as on the flop but he seems aggressive enough. Unless of course, he's the one with the FD.

Call flop, raise a non heart turn or bet if noone else did.

Douglas Leslie 11-20-2007 03:30 AM

Raise for value. It is seldom, if ever, a good idea to slow play trips. Nobody will believe that you have a two anyway.

LateFlag 11-20-2007 09:18 AM

Raise. They'll put you A7 before they put you on A2.

bennyhana 11-20-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be raising to charge a possible flush draw or trying to get overcalls?

[/ QUOTE ]

you should be value raising. flush draws are coming along anyway.

LukeSLTS 11-20-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone wanna wait with the raise until turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the spot to wait. Flush draws are rarely folding on the turn for a raise either. Just charge them now and maybe Mr. Aggressive will give us the opportunity to cap this flop. With a 5+ Flop AF there is a good chance we can four bet.

LateFlag 11-20-2007 11:16 AM

Another drawback of waiting to raise the turn is that there's no guarantee that the flop bettor will lead the turn after he gets called in a bunch of spots.