Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Shove or CRAI River with monster? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550052)

Mike MacIntosh 11-19-2007 07:21 PM

Shove or CRAI River with monster?

Not much I recall about villain, which sucks. CRAI or shove river?

Another 2p2 was watching me play this hand. He thought that this might be a good spot to CRAI since villain's range is mostly maid up of weak hands. My only concern is checking could potentially lose some value here. Thoughts?

Note mis-click PF raise amount

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $156.85
UTG: $76.45
MP: $98.50
CO: $97.50
BTN: $179.05
SB: $99

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9</font>, BTN calls $6

Flop: ($18.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13</font>, BTN calls $13

Turn: ($44.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $32</font>, BTN calls $32

River: ($108.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ???

early325 11-19-2007 07:24 PM

Re: Shove or CRAI River with monster?

bet river

most of the FDs in his range include the Kd, which he won't fold, and he's not likely to fold AJ+ after making it to the river..i dont think he has many hands that he bluffs river with

Merlinius 11-19-2007 07:26 PM

on the one hand, i can't really put him on a hand that will call three bets in a row. on the other hand, he must be pretty retarded to bet a missed draw here because it would be so obvious. i think you could give it a try because the only hand that might call a bet and not bet when checked to might be the one A left in the deck.

spivey 11-19-2007 07:29 PM

If villain has weak hands we don't want to check. He could have a draw, but he may not bet it, plus it's a 3 bet pot, so I'm less worried about a draw.

bad_carma 11-19-2007 07:39 PM

Value bet river

Al_Money 11-19-2007 07:41 PM

As much as I love river checkraises, I think betting is better here. AJ and AQ shouldn't be folding at this point, and they are more likely to check behind then turn their hand into a bluff (like that foxwoods AJ hand [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

RiverFenix 11-19-2007 07:43 PM

Gotta bet. Odds of him looking you up are way higher than him bluffing after you bet the turn.

pete6969 11-19-2007 07:52 PM

your losing to much value by checking. You have ot value bet river your getting looked up by a wide range on the river. Checking is terrible i think!!

BanZaY 11-19-2007 07:59 PM

i dont think that a lot of people try to bet their busted draws on pf 3-bets pots...

i really like a shove here...villian is gonna think "wtf is representing here when a 2nd K comes on the river and shoving!!" so he maybe call with marginally hands like A8 sometimes and Obviously KdXd...

cooker3 11-19-2007 08:03 PM

I shove. I just don't see many hands he bluffs with it