Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   PS - $1/$2 6-Max - bluffshove this or spewy? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547997)

RobertJohn 11-16-2007 10:34 PM

PS - $1/$2 6-Max - bluffshove this or spewy?

This hand happened a while ago and I'm not sure whether it was a good play or if it was needless and a little over the top.

<font color="green"> Reads/Image: </font> Villain seems solid if not a little straightforward. He has been reasonably aggressive postflop but I haven't seen too many of his showdowns. I have been opening the most pots and c-betting frequently so my image is probably aggressive, but not too out of line at this point. We haven't had too many BvB situations yet, this is his first c/r HU against me.

Hero: $200
Villain: $170

Hero is on the button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and raises to $6. Villain defends from the BB.

<font color="blue"> Flop: </font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($13)

Villain checks, Hero bets $10.

Villain check-raises to $30, Hero pauses and shoves AI.

Comments on all streets please (particularly the advantages/disadvantages of checking-behind on flop, or just calling flop c/r). Thanks.

SlowRoll 11-16-2007 10:39 PM

Re: PS - $1/$2 6-Max - bluffshove this or spewy?

Without knowing more about his cr-frequency, i'm not a huge fan.

Would you play set, AA like this?

RobertJohn 11-16-2007 10:40 PM

I would most likely play AA or set like this as well.

icanadd 11-16-2007 11:06 PM

I am pretty new to two plus two but imho

In general I think this is spew. If you have a read that he is playing back at you and you have not gotten out of line it might be ok but I still think it is thin 100bb deep. I would not like it but I do not think I would hate it 60-80 bb deep with a read.

I think the best play is to check behind if you have been c betting the great majority of flops. You draw free, and it keeps the pot small if you hit a Q 10 or the Jd which you would want with this hand if there was action normally.

I think if you c bet everything these are just the type of hand to check behind since they have value but you do not want to play a big pot with them usually.

RobertJohn 11-16-2007 11:23 PM

Thats a good point about checking behind on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I would not like it but I do not think I would hate it 60-80 bb deep with a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Effective stack = 85BBs. I guess that means you like it a little better.

icanadd 11-16-2007 11:33 PM

Yea my bad long day

I think it would be better a little shorter, I still like checking the best

vetiver 11-16-2007 11:35 PM

You're risking 150 to win 50 and there's a wide range he can call here, including Axdd, set, overpair, all of which have excellent equity against your hand.