Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1/2 deep, TP 2 pair and now the board pairs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547915)

ycjason 11-16-2007 08:01 PM

1/2 deep, TP 2 pair and now the board pairs

villain is 26/17/2.4 over 200 hands, he view me as laggish and somewhat bluffy probably

we have some history, he has seem me c/r with both strong hand and just over cards, I really felt he had As/Ks after he called the flop though.. BB is a super donky, don't fold a lot, so that makes it less likely he would bluff cb the flop there

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $1,479.70
Hero (UTG): $420.45
MP: $368.10
CO: $233
BTN: $539.15
SB: $201

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $16</font>, SB folds, BB calls $14, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($49) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $33</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $106</font>, BTN calls $73

Turn: ($261) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $175</font>, Hero ?

Moemar 11-16-2007 08:14 PM

Re: 1/2 deep, TP 2 pair and now the board pairs

Would he have just small-raised you with an overpair pre-flop? I usually see a more substantial raise from this type of player with AA and KK. I feel like you have him.

The only hands that beat you are: anything with a 6, AA, KK.

If I am you, I push. I think your hand is under-represented, given your history with this guy.

However, if you feel like he would min raise from the button with AA or KK pre-flop, you could pitch it? I don't think most 26/17/2 type players take that line with AA and KK preflop though.

nazahl 11-16-2007 08:26 PM

wow it sucks but I think you should probably fold.

unless you think he'd bet AQ or a flush draw on the turn which would be kinda stupid on his part.

ycjason 11-16-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would he have just small-raised you with an overpair pre-flop? I usually see a more substantial raise from this type of player with AA and KK. I feel like you have him.

If I am you, I push. I think your hand is under-represented, given your history with this guy.

However, if you feel like he would min raise from the button with AA or KK pre-flop, you could pitch it? I don't think most 26/17/2 type players take that line with AA and KK preflop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

that min raise PF was strange, but I thought it might be a misclick really.. he never did that before

Mr_Moore 11-16-2007 09:27 PM

push.

Moemar 11-16-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that min raise PF was strange, but I thought it might be a misclick really.. he never did that before

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems so strange? especially from someone with these stats. I think you shove on 'em