Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $16: Turned two pair BvB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547869)

sippin_criss 11-16-2007 06:23 PM

$16: Turned two pair BvB

PF I don't always do but I don't see any problems with it. Shoving on the flop seems like overkill without any history, and folding to a min raise seems kind of wimpy, but maybe best since he will likely fire most turns. Thoughts?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1285)
UTG+1 (t3155)
CO (t1765)
Button (t1390)
Hero (t2840)
BB (t3065)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t100, BB checks

Flop: (t400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t250</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t500</font>, Hero calls t250

Turn: (t1400) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets t400</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t2140 (All-in)</font>

blowbubbles 11-16-2007 06:29 PM

Re: $16: Turned two pair BvB

I like the flop betting. Do you want the turn push to look like a bluff, or to get paid by a K?Qs type of hand?

vers 11-16-2007 06:30 PM

I think it's fine. I'm not instamucking 2nd pair to a min raise bvb. Completing is okayish if we're against a weak opponent and we think we can take down the pot w/ 1 bet.

sippin_criss 11-16-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop betting. Do you want the turn push to look like a bluff, or to get paid by a K?Qs type of hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just a "I have 2 pair I'm all in" push.

Takeover_inc 11-16-2007 06:44 PM

I like the hand.

Shoving the turn looks the weakest IMO. So we might as well make the villain pay the highest price for the times he talks himself into calling.

Kevin8423 11-16-2007 06:46 PM

Preflop I fold but whatever. As for the flop I think you definitley need to fold to his minraise. While it might not indicate a very strong hand (it likely does) it usually shows that they want to play a big pot here and will continue firing on each street. Unless you hit the turn here you will have to fold so you might as well just conserve your chips on the flop and not draw to 6 outs.

Once you hit the turn shoving is standard, a river spade/paired board/overcard would really suck and you can't be calling the flop if you aren't willing to play for stacks when you hit.