Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $16 - QQ not the flop you hope for (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547100)

mattiesmat 11-15-2007 07:18 PM

$16 - QQ not the flop you hope for

Cbet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) by Hand Converter CG

CO (t1260)
Button (t1490)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1400)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t2030)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1340)
Hero (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t20, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t80.

Flop: (t230) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero??

The Venetian 11-15-2007 07:25 PM

Re: $16 - QQ not the flop you hope for

What's your plan if you don't? I'd lean toward a c-bet vs. a single unknown, but mix it up occasionally.

DannyOcean_ 11-15-2007 07:38 PM

I actually might do this backwards from normal strat.

If villian is tight, i tend to cbet more than if villian is loose for my overall game, which is the logical thing to do.

However, if MP2 is tight or a nit, he's likely got a K or an A, or he's not going to bluff into us much if we check.

If villian is loose and donkish, he'll be less likely to have an A or K, and will likely fold to a 1/2 pot bet. If he c/r's, at least we know for sure we are beat and get away from QQ fairly cheap. And if we check against a donktard, lots of donktards love to donkbet any turn because we showed weakness.

So i think i check if nit/tight, cbet 1/2 pot if donkish. Hope this isnt me having FPS.

sence25 11-15-2007 07:47 PM

Actually I'm surprised here.
I would cbet this never, this is a pretty obvious wa/wb since villain hasn't diamonds often enough to protect.
If checked too, I bet the turn and prolly take some extra value from villains pocket.
Hum generally I'd say cbet makes the hand easier to play but gives up some value.

Dr_Wonderful 11-15-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if we check against a donktard, lots of donktards love to donkbet any turn because we showed weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

This quote amused me a bit, I realize you like to say donk, and tard, but isn't what you described in this sentence reasonably good poker?

With that said, I check behind on the flop and hope to see a cheap showdown or make a small bet on the turn if he checks. Also I'd probably call a small turn bet if it came to it. Like DannyOcean said a lot of players make a stab on the turn when they sense weakness, but generally they bet too little, like 1/3-1/2 the pot which I think gives away their hand a bit.

The Venetian 11-15-2007 11:04 PM

Check flop/call turn puts you in a rough river spot. I agree that there's very little value in a flop c-bet, but think it might be better than playing chicken on the turn and river.

Who likes check behind flop, turn min-raise? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pudge714 11-15-2007 11:19 PM

never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever Cbet here this is a classic wa/wb and you have position so you can peel and try to hit a Q,J,T or diamond which will massively improve your equity.

RexWoo 11-16-2007 05:58 AM

c-betting looks really bad here.

Cheap showdown FTW.