Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tough OOP hand w/ A3s (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546941)

Roadstar 11-15-2007 03:52 PM

Tough OOP hand w/ A3s

100NL 6m

Effective stacks $100
Hero image a bit aggressive, not nitty so can get some value from bets

Villain is largely unknown, small sample says hes 30/15 ish. I feel like hes floated me before but can't be sure i.e. I raise, he cold call, I cbet he call, i check turn, he pots.

Preflop, Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG folds, Hero raises to $4, Villain in CO calls, Button calls, blinds fold.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets $10, Villain calls, Button folds

Turn A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $30, Hero calls

River 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero?!

Pot is like $90. Villain has $60 left commit him with a bet or check call to induce?

His range maybe something like QTs,QJs,KJs,AJ,sets,33-TT

If I bet is he committed to showing down with TP or PPs? I doubt the A on the turn helped him except for AJ.

munkey 11-15-2007 03:58 PM

Re: Tough OOP hand w/ A3s

You say he floats you - I take the lower variance route and bet turn again -looks like a double barrel e.t.c. If we check call then we face a tricky river spot if he pots it as he did.

c/r turn AI is sick vs chronic floaters though IMO.

As played I think I'm defintely checking - to call or fold I'm not yet sure -that 9 he could have floated with off lfop but also makes AT- split with us now and he'll prob bluff missed diamond fdraw vs us.

sightless 11-15-2007 04:05 PM

there is no way im folding on river if i check

Daddy Warbucks 11-15-2007 04:12 PM

How do people feel about a crai on the turn?

billybeartku 11-15-2007 04:14 PM

I like crai on the turn. but prefer pinch it pre. A3s utg+1 just not a good spot to open, maybe CO but not UTG+1

Roadstar 11-15-2007 04:19 PM

Hm... maybe turn should have been crai, it crossed my mind but it was just a feeling that villain floats me as I haven't showndown hands when he potted the turn against me (i folded twice like that)..

As played? check/call or essentially shove?

Thanks

stickdude 11-15-2007 04:23 PM

As played - check/call. If he's bluffing, it gives him a chance to bluff off the rest of his stack, and you really don't mind getting to showdown here if it gets checked through. Either way, you'll get to see what kinds of hands he floats with.

optionsguy 11-15-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

best option unless we are putting him on a pure float and think he'll bluff the river.

SnglMaltScotch 11-15-2007 04:35 PM

I CRAI turn. We can't guarentee that he is betting the river. We probably have the best hand and also the best draw. Get it in on the turn.

SMS

djj6835 11-15-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is folding that beats us? Any ace that villain can have is probably aces up.