Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   TKo's Hand of the Day: Playing Overcards Near SNG Bubble. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546814)

Win.by.TKo 11-15-2007 12:42 PM

TKo\'s Hand of the Day: Playing Overcards Near SNG Bubble.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG (t670)
<font color="#C00000">MP (t8805)</font>
CO (t100)
Button (t10235)
SB (t2600)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t4590)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1000</font>, MP calls t600.

Flop: (t2100) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t2000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3590</font>, MP calls t1590.

Turn: (t9280) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t9280) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t9280

Villain has been raising unimproved high cards. Thinking that possibility, combined with the fact that we had two shorter stacks leaving soon, I take a shot at the pot. It is possible that Villain called because I have been doing the same raises when hitting top pair, but have not shown the hands. Reraising AI after Min-reraise seems to be one of my leaks, which needs to be repaired. Is it too risky to steal this pot when Villain has you covered? How should I consider playing if I do not believe Villian's min-reraise? Should I play a stop &amp; go, or , considering the two short stacks, simply take the move as gospel and and fold with the t2590 I have left?

brad2002tj 11-15-2007 12:45 PM

Re: TKo\'s Hand of the Day: Playing Overcards Near SNG Bubble.

I was following you until the flop re-raise. All in or fold at that point IMO. I probably fold.

ZenMusician 11-15-2007 12:57 PM

I hate putting in 1/2 our stack and folding.

If I have your read, and am OOP, I'm moving in pf
as I think we have his range well covered.

With your line, you get to bet into whatever strength
his raise meant, while he'll likely give you more
credit for a hand just like you have than a pair.

Now, no matter what you do you are tied to this pot
after you lead out and are minraised, right?
He flips over 88 right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-ZEN

Win.by.TKo 11-15-2007 02:28 PM

Zen...You are correct. I am tied to the hand as soon as I put in the t1000 r/r, as it represents ~25% of my stack. The flop missed me completely, so my play depends on what I think his minraise/call meant. Most of the table has been folding to these minraises, so I decided to challenge it. His call of my reraise didn't surprise me due to the 2.5:1 odds I left him. I did not want to chase him out.

As far as what he turned over, I'll save that until later. I'm hoping a few others chime in. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Gar Pike 11-15-2007 03:52 PM

What do you think of &lt;call PF, C/R allin on flop, if he checks behind flop, PSB the turn&gt;

You violated one of the basic tenets of tournament play, which is not to challenge a bigger stack without you have Tha Nutz, IMO.

To quote SunTzu:

"It is the rule in war, if our forces are ten to the enemy's one, to surround him; if five to one, to attack him. If equally matched, we can offer battle; if slightly inferior in numbers, we can avoid the enemy; if quite unequal in every way, we can flee from him. "

AQo is nothing I would want to challenge a bigger stack that looks like he wants to mix it up with. Not PF. Not on that flop. Not on any flop without an A or Q-high.

Regards

Gar "BkAWK" Pike

DeuceSeven 11-15-2007 03:54 PM

I think I would have liked to see a reraise to 1500 pf, then you can shove about a pot sized bet. As played, if you were willing to get away from the hand then check/fold the flop. If you bet the flop, be prepared to get it in as the pot is about 2/3 your stack.

Win.by.TKo 11-15-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would have liked to see a reraise to 1500 pf, then you can shove about a pot sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deuce...This sounds like the SPR theory mentioned in PNL1. This is an area where I'm uncertain. More study is needed to fully understand that concept.

nath 11-15-2007 07:56 PM

Doesn't this belong in STT?

Win.by.TKo 11-15-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this belong in STT?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a 2-table SNG. I do not see why it should be in STT.

JesseB_11 11-15-2007 09:40 PM

Raise to about 1600 preflop. Shove any flop