Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   QJo I wanna run away.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545963)

Burnsabre 11-14-2007 12:08 PM

QJo I wanna run away..

BTN is a LPP 53/3/.44 over enough, chaser seems to be somewhat weak TAG but only have 17 hands on him. I really wanna fold somewhere.

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $7.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: 0.25BB returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: 9.5BB

NinaWilliams 11-14-2007 01:47 PM

Re: QJo I wanna run away..

I dont want to fold anywhere but I do want to 3 bet the flop.

inferno 11-14-2007 01:55 PM

im prolly calling the river

aargh57 11-14-2007 01:58 PM

I agree with Nina. I don't fold the river here especially because CO may be calling light because he's stacking off.

StellarWind 11-14-2007 02:47 PM

Call the river. Cutoff would be playing much more aggressively if he had anything. His failure to bet all-in on the river is especially telling.

Meanwhile the flush draw has busted and your queen is still playing. Take the 9-1 and see what's up.

frenchpignouf 11-14-2007 04:29 PM

I c/r'ing the flop. If you don't, you have to 3bet the flop imo. I call the river, you can beat JT, J7.

SuperUberBob 11-14-2007 04:39 PM

The pot is too large to get me to fold on the river. A bunch of draws didn't get there and it's possible that one or both of your opponents are either bluffing with busted draws or have a hand like Jx.

Nick C 11-14-2007 07:21 PM

I didn't realize people as passive as Button still played online poker. In other words, I probably wouldn't 3-bet the flop either.

Burnsabre 11-14-2007 09:18 PM

I'm with Nick... a loose passive (very passive) player raises a protected pot, I hate 3 betting the flop. Ch/r the flop is bad as well because the passive player will hardly ever bet as a bluff when checked to. The river is the questionable part in my opinion, I think I shoulda called.

johnnyrocket 11-14-2007 10:49 PM

yea he is super passive, i dont 3 bet flop, i c/c turn and c/c river. If he is passive tho i dont see him betting this ace with less than 2 pair but i make a crying call here alot even tho its close.