Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Call this or fold, 3-bet pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545926)

Ranger_Trivette 11-14-2007 10:41 AM

Call this or fold, 3-bet pot

Villain is EveryHandsaParty
Been running at about 27/20 at this table.
My guess is i am either crushed or splitting, only thing I beat is AJ.

Party Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $94
Hero (SB): $106.96
BB: $298.01
UTG: $96

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $12

Flop: ($33) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $80 and is All-In</font>, Hero

Results: $83 Pot

JFsports 11-14-2007 10:48 AM

Re: Call this or fold, 3-bet pot

Call for me, you are getting good pot odds, he will 4bet AA/KK/AK a high % of the time pre. There is a good chance he is shoving stuff like pair+draw too

Sciolist 11-14-2007 10:48 AM

If you don't know anything else about him, fold.

Ranger_Trivette 11-14-2007 10:55 AM

I think I 3-bet big enough to get him off stuff like 9Ts, TJs, but maybe not.

Sciolist 11-14-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call for me, you are getting good pot odds, he will 4bet AA/KK/AK a high % of the time pre. There is a good chance he is shoving stuff like pair+draw too

[/ QUOTE ]
Lots of people (including me) often don't four bet AA/KK/AK preflop IP because you can simply push over his cbet and he's only looking at a PSB to call

Ranger_Trivette 11-14-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lots of people (including me) often don't four bet AA/KK/AK preflop IP because you can simply push over his cbet and he's only looking at a PSB to call

[/ QUOTE ]

and if you 4 bet pre and I dont have AA KK QQ AK, youre not getting any more money out of me.

JFsports 11-14-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

almost everyone does that, but what I was trying to say was that you don't always call the 3bet with those hands, therefore when estimating his shoving range on the flop we can discount the combos of those hands

BombayBadboy 11-14-2007 11:21 AM

This is a v easy fold vs. him.

sightless 11-14-2007 11:23 AM

i hate pf 3bet

netstorm 11-14-2007 11:29 AM

meh, vs this villain its an easy fold. He would never bluff you here, so all you beat is AJ, and he's not pushing that.