Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   100k hands in PT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545315)

Bipolar00 11-13-2007 04:27 PM

100k hands in PT

Mods please move if this in the wrong forum.

Recently I had ~100k to 125k hands emailed to me by pokerstars.

Last night i unzipped them into the pokerstars file where my HHs are saved. Then i imported them into PT.

I am not sure if this is even the proper way but i was tired and admittedly somewhat careless.

They have now been importing to PT for ~15hrs.

I have tried changing the affinity in CTRL ALT DEL to realtime, and also high. Nothing seems to help.

I have a pretty base model dell with less than 1gig of RAM. Is this delay to be expected or am i simply asking too much of my machine?

ninenine_zoe 11-13-2007 06:06 PM

Re: 100k hands in PT

open pokertracker
--> utilities --->filesplitter

and split the file in handhistory files a 100 hands. otherwise the import will be incredible slow.
if that doesnt work try this.
pat is very helpful.

Bipolar00 11-13-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
open pokertracker

and split the file in handhistory files a 100 hands. otherwise the import will be incredible slow.
if that doesnt work try this.

Thanks for the link. I cross posted there.

I have already started the process of moving this monstrous file, so i am unsure whether ur suggestion is still applicable.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

runout_mick 11-13-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
open pokertracker

[/ QUOTE ]

ejgerihgaiuherquoth

I've always split the textdocs manually. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Bipolar00 11-13-2007 09:47 PM

This thing is still importing. I feel like such a [censored] noob. Is it pointless to abandon it now? Or would it save time to just shut down and retry using the file splitter?

Josem 11-14-2007 01:11 AM

just be patient and let it run overnightor something.

sluggger5x 11-14-2007 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods please move if this in the wrong forum.

Recently I had ~100k to 125k hands emailed to me by pokerstars.

Last night i unzipped them into the pokerstars file where my HHs are saved. Then i imported them into PT.

I am not sure if this is even the proper way but i was tired and admittedly somewhat careless.

They have now been importing to PT for ~15hrs.

I have tried changing the affinity in CTRL ALT DEL to realtime, and also high. Nothing seems to help.

I have a pretty base model dell with less than 1gig of RAM. Is this delay to be expected or am i simply asking too much of my machine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. My old 200k+ database of HH's was lost last spring after my hardrive died. Would pokerstars be willing to email all of those ancient hands if I requested??

Bipolar00 11-14-2007 02:24 AM

They were only able to recover as far back as 1-11-2007.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

I let it run for 23 hours and noticed my clock was stopped, so i decided to scrap the time wasted and use the file splitter in PT after rebooting. I still have the unzipped files on my desktop, but am unsure how to get them from there into PT (whattanoob)

I am not sure what to do now tho. If anyone can help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Schwatt 11-14-2007 03:58 AM

Ask this in the Pokertracker forum.

They have the best customer service of any product I have ever purchased.