Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Boated up, but am I best? (shorthanded) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545070)

Fadook 11-13-2007 11:16 AM

Boated up, but am I best? (shorthanded)

BB is unknown, only notable so far for being obviously tighter than most guys at this site. SB is very loose.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Yeah, I should've capped the flop. My thinking at the time was that there were a lot of turn cards I needed to dodge.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

Raise and bet the river, raise and call down if he 3-bets or just call down?

TimovieMan 11-13-2007 11:23 AM

Re: Boated up, but am I best? (shorthanded)

I don't see a reason (yet) to believe your hand is not good.
Raise and bet, only call down if he indeed 3-bets...

LateFlag 11-13-2007 11:26 AM

I cap the flop. I could see calling and raising the turn if it was HU, but if SB is going to meander along I want to make sure I get value from him.

As played I raise the turn and cap if villain 3-bets. He has a flopped straight or a flush much more often than a better boat or a straight flush.

rhayder 11-13-2007 11:33 AM

Grunge:
raise and call down if he 3-bets or just

I think he would have raised if he had better than tens. Bet it. This is were you make your money I think. Betting strong with your best hands.

Xylocain 11-13-2007 01:36 PM

Cap the the flop on that super drawy board. The 3-bet is often a free card play. (the hand will also play differently)

There are a ton of hands that gives action that we beat on the turn so I'm capping, and calling or bet/call river.

[i]lollosetostraightflushaments

bozlax 11-13-2007 01:52 PM

Posting blind: pretty likely.

Having read your post: YOU raised pf, nobody else did. wtf are you afraid of? QQ/JJ/AsKs are all off the board, the only thing you can possibly be afraid of is QJ/QT, and there's no reason to think those are out. Raise/cap the turn; your read indicates that you're getting overlay from SB, and BB is 2:1 to have AQ/KQ:QJ/QT, and that doesn't include other Qx (x=9,8 possible) hands.

If you've been aggressive on the turn and he still leads the river, just call.

(This looks like the start of a BBV thread...ace of spades on the river?)

Fadook 11-13-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing you can possibly be afraid of is QJ/QT, and there's no reason to think those are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the flop 3-bet is a reason to suspect those hands?

bozlax 11-13-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing you can possibly be afraid of is QJ/QT, and there's no reason to think those are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that there are 12 combos of those and 14467854 combos of XsXs/QX/AK/89/etc, no, I know it's out there, but I don't worry about it.

Clinger 11-13-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should suspect them. But with 2 queens and a jack gone, they're much less likely.

You can also expect AK, K9, 98, or many combos with 2 spades. Since you have to discount QJ and QT (only 6 possible combos of each) you're still good way more than enough to raise the turn bet.

edit: Bozlax beat me by &lt; 1 min gah.

Dankenstein 11-13-2007 05:16 PM

:g:
My aggression goes up quite a bit shorthanded so i would play it like this.
I would raise these preflop.
cap flop like you said.
Raise turn bet river or Cap if he 3-bets and bet the river if checked to and call if he still bets out after cap.