Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Squeezing into nuts... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544977)

urbanati 11-13-2007 07:20 AM

Squeezing into nuts...

Villain is 35/19/1.8.
I wish I could raise but it is just stupid, isn't it?
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $86.10
Button: $177.60
SB: $231.05
urbanati: $273.15

Pre-flop: (4 players) urbanati is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $7</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">urbanati raises to $32</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($71, 2 players)
SB checks, urbanati checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($71, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $35</font>, urbanati...

Daddy Warbucks 11-13-2007 07:22 AM

Re: Squeezing into nuts...

I think you should bet the flop.

Pete H 11-13-2007 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep.

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I could raise but it is just stupid, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
As played raising the turn is stupid if you hate money.

riske 11-13-2007 07:45 AM

I don't mind checking behind this flop that much, though betting it should be standard.

As played I would raise, as preflop suggests villain likes to call.

scallop 11-13-2007 08:11 AM

I think beting the flop isnt great. Whats sb cold called twice with? AK... you are getting called here some of the times and check raised some of the time. I think your hand is SUPER disguised if you check and make it, and you haver a real shot of stacking JJ, whereas betting the flop prices you out of the hand some of the time.

And the "some" of the time im talking aobut isnt like less than 1%. Id be really worred about A, K, J and to a lesser extent Queens on the river. A ten could also be an action killer. If you would check AA/KK on this flop then I am inclined to just call his turn bet and hope for a blank on the river.

Daddy Warbucks 11-13-2007 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think beting the flop isnt great. Whats sb cold called twice with? AK... you are getting called here some of the times and check raised some of the time. I think your hand is SUPER disguised if you check and make it, and you haver a real shot of stacking JJ, whereas betting the flop prices you out of the hand some of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he most probably called with a mid PP, but you can't fold them out without betting. He's most likely set mining (badly). If you check the flop, its you who's repping AK, and you're going to get looked up unimproved unless you get some overcard help. The disguised strength of your hand doesn't really matter, because its unlikely that he's going to stack off unless he has JJ or QQ, which is i think a pretty tiny part of his range.

riske 11-13-2007 08:56 AM

Agree 100% with Warbucks.

AaronOC 11-13-2007 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree 100% with Warbucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nielsio 11-13-2007 10:30 AM

Worst squuezing hand ever?

holdme 11-13-2007 10:32 AM