Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Weird turn spot in limpot pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544178)

danicalifornia 11-12-2007 08:28 AM

Weird turn spot in limpot pot

Villain is 24/12/1.5 over 100 hands

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $524.40
UTG: $60.90
MP: $271
CO: $356.80
BTN: $152.80
SB: $208.40

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $2, 2 folds, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1, Hero checks

Flop: ($8) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $12

Turn: ($36) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $50</font>, Hero?

I mean this spot is really weird. What did he minbet/call the flop with and then goes for a check minraise on the turn?
He didnt seemed to be that donkish so I thought he was minbetting midpair on the flop or something.
I really dont see how the 9 helped him in any way except he had KJ but would he really play it that way!?

I felt kinda lost in this hand...

TheGreenMile 11-12-2007 08:31 AM

Re: Weird turn spot in limpot pot

in real time i struggle in stupid spots like this too, but looking at it from the outside, he has KJ here almost always. maybe QT, TT occasionally... i just dont see anything we fair well against that he plays like this.

danicalifornia 11-12-2007 08:38 AM

I dont think he has TT or QT here ever. He actually wasnt a donk and he would come over the top on the flop with those hands for sure. I mean KJ is the only hand that makes some sense to me, even this is not the standard way to play it I guess...

TheGreenMile 11-12-2007 08:40 AM

absent a flush draw on the flop at least sometimes he is flatting that raise with tt surely.

danicalifornia 11-12-2007 08:41 AM

Yeah but I think he raises TT preflop almost always...

Daddy Warbucks 11-12-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in real time i struggle in stupid spots like this too, but looking at it from the outside, he has KJ here almost always. maybe QT, TT occasionally... i just dont see anything we fair well against that he plays like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't KJ "almost always". This spot is hugely player dependant, as people play pretty weirdly in limped pots. He could have a huge hand, or he's overvaluing the relative strength of his hand (9T, QJ etc).

Honestly, i don't know what i'd do here, its a pretty crappy spot. I'm leaning towards a fold though.

rberg 11-12-2007 08:56 AM

there is a decent chance villain overvalues worse two pair or something...i call and expect him to slow down with a lot of his hands on the river.

Daddy Warbucks 11-12-2007 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a decent chance villain overvalues worse two pair or something...i call and expect him to slow down with a lot of his hands on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, thats the thing, if villain is the type to overvalue his hand, i don't think he'd know to slow down on the river. I think to that type of villain, "two pair" is "OMG two pair". The river spot is going to suck as much as the turn unless your boat up.

dirtylobster 11-12-2007 08:58 AM

Donkeys love to play KJ like this.

dirtylobster 11-12-2007 08:59 AM

So call and make teh boat.