Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I folded AA am I a huge nit? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543630)

djshawk 11-11-2007 02:06 PM

I folded AA am I a huge nit?

Villian is 35/9 and folds to steal about 75% with a flop aggression of 1.6. I'd not seen him do anything particularly out of line while sat.

When he donked the flop I had no idea what it meant, a 1/3-1/2 size bet and I'd raise it up but if I raise here I'm committed and I just don't know what he's doing it with. The board is really dry so he's not drawing, so I thought it's either a bluff with a low PP or it's a monster. Looking through his stats I decided he probably wouldn't be making a move but that I'd call a street anyway and see what he did on the turn. The T on the turn was a bad card because I'm now behind if he was just getting frisky with top pair. I though for a while and decided I was beat most of the time so folded.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $37.35
UTG+1: $97.84
CO: $112.93
hero: $116.85
SB: $97.25
BB: $265.59

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls, BB calls, 2 folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($20, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $20</font>, BB folds, hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($60, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $30</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $30 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $60

AlanDyer 11-11-2007 02:09 PM

Re: I folded AA am I a huge nit?

i would raise flop
as played, i would raise turn.. i'd put him on weird draws / high-medium pocket pairs / etc etc

Kairos 11-11-2007 02:10 PM

Thats some PP or a wierd bluff often enough to call.

LiveNow 11-11-2007 02:23 PM

raise flop!

fingersmith 11-11-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise flop!

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? why?
I think you can call this turn op, reeval river

LiveNow 11-11-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise flop!

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? why?
I think you can call this turn op, reeval river

[/ QUOTE ]
for the same reason we valuebet...

BCage 11-11-2007 10:49 PM

If he called the turn there'd be $120 in the pot and the SB would have $43 behind. There's nothing to evaluate on the river then, you're commited.

kaby 11-11-2007 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but this is a bluff or a pp wanting to know 'where he stands' that is folding to a raise but firing the turn a lot imho

and he has like 4 outs on average so protection isn't that important

CptnObvius 11-11-2007 11:06 PM

he could have just about anything here. 35 means he could well be calling u pre with mid suited conns like 9/10 and even 5/6. he could assess that as a good flop for him and be trying to steal it with the 10 or other pair. or could easily have 77-99.

a raise here is basically comitting you but I'm raising flop with intent to call all in. you will be shown A10/K10 or get a fold often enough for it to be ok to go down to a set here occasionally.

LiveNow 11-11-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but this is a bluff or a pp wanting to know 'where he stands' that is folding to a raise but firing the turn a lot imho

and he has like 4 outs on average so protection isn't that important

[/ QUOTE ]
disagree with the range you're giving villain.