Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ron Paul nuts, please read the last paragraph of this article (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543520)

DING-DONG YO 11-11-2007 10:39 AM

Ron Paul nuts, please read the last paragraph of this article

This has to be a misquote, no way this is right. I'm a ron paul supporter and this seems very out of character for him. Unless the AJC is misquoting him, which is possible considering it is a POS paper anyway.

"Last month, a GOP presidential candidate, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, told a group of Evangelical Christians that the United States is working on eliminating its borders "with a North American Union" and "the introduction of an Amero currency.""

link to article

Ineedaride2 11-11-2007 10:47 AM

Re: Ron Paul nuts, please read the last paragraph of this article

I remember reading something similar to this a while back.

The context being that we currently ARE working toward this, but we shouldn't be.

Whether we are or not, I don't know. Just saying, he's not advocating it. He's warning against it. And he's not the only one.

DING-DONG YO 11-11-2007 10:49 AM

then this article took his quote 100% out of context, nice.

zasterguava 11-11-2007 10:49 AM

Midge gimmick?

DblBarrelJ 11-11-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the AJC much, OP?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DING-DONG YO 11-11-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the AJC much, OP?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to stay in sports, but sometimes I wander into other areas of the paper and am quickly reminded of why I take sports out and throw the rest in the recycling bin.

Borodog 11-11-2007 12:10 PM

I like the way that the articles says "Economists Debunk 'Amero' Story", and then proceed to not debunk it in the slightest. It's basically a few random economist opining "Eh, it'll never happen." How that is supposed to constitute a "debunking" is unclear.

Copernicus 11-11-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the way that the articles says "Economists Debunk 'Amero' Story", and then proceed to not debunk it in the slightest. It's basically a few random economist opining "Eh, it'll never happen." How that is supposed to constitute a "debunking" is unclear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another RIDBP. They give the reasons why it won't happen, and they arent "random economists". Next think you'll be linking to the Amero coin thread.

iron81 11-11-2007 02:02 PM

The last time the NAU came up, we dismissed it as a conspiracy theory. That might be because it was coming from Nielsio, but contrast that with how Ineedaride2 sounds now that Paul is saying it.

(Not saying Paul supports the NAU, just that he believes it's happening).

Link

Copernicus 11-11-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The last time the NAU came up, we dismissed it as a conspiracy theory. That might be because it was coming from Nielsio, but contrast that with how Ineedaride2 sounds now that Paul is saying it.

(Not saying Paul supports the NAU, just that he believes it's happening).

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

NAU discussion werent dimissed as conspiracy theory. That theyve been ongoing since the European union was developing is obviously true.

What was dismissed as conspiracy theory was that it was so immiment that coins were being minted.